Note: There is a more robust version of this product available: Human Anatomy Atlas 2017 Edition! The all-new Human Anatomy Atlas 2017 Edition is the most robust 3D anatomy reference available. It includes 3D models, cross sections, MRI and CT scans, cadaver images, 3D moving models of muscles and bones, physiology animations, and more! Check it out on our App Store page. It requires an iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2 or later, or an iPhone 5s or later
Used as a reference by healthcare professionals and in anatomy courses. Includes all body systems, comprehensive gross anatomy of the male and female (each model with 5,000+ structures), select microanatomy, encyclopedic definitions, disease descriptions, pronunciations, and quizzes.
Here are answers to the most common questions we get about Visible Body’s Human Anatomy Atlas:
(1) How much content is in the app?
- Over 5,000 3D structures in a male and female human body. (Over 10,000 total.) You can zoom, pan, and rotate to study from multiple viewpoints and zoom levels.
- To learn more about any structure, tap on it. You’ll get a definition, pronunciation, Latin term, and common diseases explained.
- More than 1,000 quiz questions
- There is also additional content, like select microanatomy and physiology videos.
(2) How do I access all those 3D structures?
There are three ways to view structures:
- Use the browse or search options to find a body part and show it on screen.
- Tap on a system icon to bring up that entire body system. (Tip: Tap the Favorites icon to save any of the views you make!)
- Select from over 100 pre-made views. These views offer another fast way to access the most popular content. We set them up so you can quickly see regional anatomy (like the thoracic cage with the heart, lungs, and great vessels or the pelvic cavity with reproductive, urinary, and digestive organs).
(3) What are some of the ways I can share this content with my patients, students, or classmates?
- Tap the share icon to email content to anyone!
- Everyone gets a screen capture and a link. Users of Atlas for iPad/iPhone can use the link to open and save the same 3D view on their device.
(4) What makes Visible Body’s Human Anatomy Atlas the worldwide best-seller?
- Expertly developed: Our 3D models and animations are created by biomedical visualization experts with advanced degrees from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Yale University, University of Texas, and others.
- Easy to use: Ranked #1 by iMedicalApps! "Ideal for students and teachers of anatomy, as well as for patient education." (imedicalapps.com). 2015 Tabby User’s Choice Award.
- Used in private practice, at hospitals, universities, and by consumers: Visible Body | Argosy Publishing has decades of experience providing medical content that helps visualize anatomy & physiology. Pharmaceutical and med device companies use our apps to present new products to doctors. Wolters Kluwer Health includes our apps in the wealth of solutions they provide hospitals, medical libraries, professionals and students in medicine, nursing, allied health. Thousands of people a day, around the globe, visit our website to learn basic anatomy and check out our apps.
(5) What content is in the in-app purchases?
- Most of the additional purchases are videos that show basic physiology and pathologies. These are ideal if you want to extend your copy of Human Anatomy Atlas to also include visual information about physiology and pathology. The app comes with over a dozen videos included. Check those out to get a sense for if you want more.
- There are two in-app purchases that add detailed bony landmarks, muscle attachment details, and 3D animations of common muscle actions. These are for users who want very detailed information on musculoskeletal function.
Have any other questions or comments?
Email us at email@example.com.
List of Key Features:
- More anatomy! Dozens of new nerves and vasculature added to head and neck region, new male and female pelvis, more muscles, bursae, and ligaments in upper limbs and vertebral column.
- New! Tap the blast icon to add anatomy that surrounds any structure.
- New! Create a tour. Need a presentation for class or have a series of views you always show patients? Use the new tour feature to link favorite views into a presentation.
- Additional UI enhancements and minor bug fixes include the option to change languages and set preferences within the app and improvements to the search algorithm.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app! So handy! Highly recommended
I have never written a review for an app before, but this is my exception because I just had to after playing around. I am fascinated by the human body and am studying human health currently. I thought it was going to be challenging, but with this app, I say goodbye to all my worries. It has videos, although short are insightful and understandable. You can make your own body tours and search up certain parts and even write on the body image. It also quizzes you and I love that the most. It excites me that something so relevant and reliable exists! I have only had a quick look at the app, but I know from paying for an app that is the equivalent of one of my textbooks, I have never found such a helpful and easy to use source. It will pronounce the parts and read additional information related to that part! Do not underestimate this app! It is amazing and will work so well with my future nursing.
I used to hate anatomy as a medical student. I never really had a full three-dimensional image (like most other students at the time).
Now, exploring the human body in full three dimensions, and the power to remove and re-insert any structure, I absolutely love the adventure of the human body and I find myself reaping pure entertainment from something that used to be unspeakably boring.
Here is one suggestion that would be perfectly suited to this type of program; that is having a functional anatomy program whereby the movement of the limb/etc is first identified (maybe by pulling and dragging), and then the subsequent muscle and tendon components are isolated and displayed automatically by the program. This would be an invaluable tool for physiotherapists, osteopaths, doctors, sports physicians etc
Perfect for med students
I've bought a lot of anatomy apps over the years. I used to always use Essential Anatomy, but this app has progressively gotten better, to the point where I don't use Essential Anatomy anymore. They've listened to customer feedback and wishes, and have produced an excellent app that you actually own for the price (unlike Complete Anatomy..). I highly recommend it for med students like myself, or anyone else studying anatomy.
- Argosy Publishing
- 1.3 GB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Argosy Publishing, Inc., 2007–2015. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Muscle Actions, Attachments, & More $9.99
- Bony Landmarks & More $5.99
- Animation Pack: Bones and Skeletal Muscles $4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.