By Information Architects Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Your program is the single most useful and remarkably clever — invisibly so — device for writing that I can name."
– Augusten Burroughs, bestselling author
“Beautiful and simple” ***** The Guardian
“Everything goes away except for the writing experience” ***** Stephen Fry
“Writer has out-innovated Apple” ***** Fast Company
INNOVATIVE WRITING TECHNOLOGY
- Keyboard extension with ← → and punctuation keys
- Focus Mode lets you concentrate on the current three lines (iPad only)
- Custom typeface optimized for iPhone and iPad
ESSENTIAL, EASY TO USE INTERFACE
- Polished to be easy and clear
- No formatting settings to fiddle with
- No complicated interactions
SAVE AND SYNC
- Seamless sync between Mac, iPad and iPhone
- Real-time iCloud sync with folder support
- Dropbox integration
1. Writer has no formatting settings: with Writer you cannot fumble with fonts and colors. All you can do is write.
2. Currently only Latin Alphabet languages plus Chinese, Greek, Japanese, and Russian are officially supported (NO Vietnamese, Thai, Hebrew, Arabic etc support… yet).
3. Writer uses plain text files, such as .txt and .md (but not .doc or .docx), in “UTF-8” encoding.
TALK TO US
- Visit www.iawriter.com for information about Writer
- Visit support.iawriter.com for support, feedback, and the Writer guide
- Get writing inspiration on Facebook at facebook.com/iawriter
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
We look forward to hearing from you!
— Information Architects Inc.
What's New in Version 1.9.1
- Bug fixes
Use it all the time for work
I use this app all the time to take meeting notes. I use the Dropbox integration so they are always available for everyone else to see - and it works great.
My only request is that the character set doesn't match wordpad. And once I open it in wordpad I am not able to re-open the file on my iPad. this means I can only open it in notepad and the line feeds don't match so all of the sentences run after be another.
If you use Notepad on your PC or something similar on your Mac then Writer will be a breathe of fresh air on your iPad. The control of the cursor is perfect for editing and it makes typing on the iPad easy and focussed work. I've accidentally used undo without realising and lost a sentence or two which is my only gripe. Other than that a great app for typing on your iPad.
Love this program
I use Writer as my primary writing tool on all my Apple devices, including iMac. I compose blog posts, write correspondence, record notes and ideas. It helps me focus on my writing. My favourite device to use it on is my iPad but it works equally well everywhere.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 18 December 2013
- Version: 1.9.1
- Size: 4.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Information Architects Inc.
- © 2013 Information Architects Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.