By Information Architects Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“Your program is the single most useful and remarkably clever — invisibly so — device for writing that I can name.”
– Augusten Burroughs, bestselling author
“Beautiful and simple” ***** The Guardian
“Everything goes away except for the writing experience” ***** Stephen Fry
“Writer has out-innovated Apple” ***** Fast Company
INNOVATIVE WRITING TECHNOLOGY
- Keyboard extension with ← → and punctuation keys
- Focus Mode lets you concentrate on the current sentence (iPad only)
- Custom typeface optimized for iPhone and iPad
ESSENTIAL, EASY TO USE INTERFACE
- Polished to be easy and clear
- No formatting settings to fiddle with
- No complicated interactions
SAVE AND SYNC
- Seamless sync between Mac, iPad and iPhone
- Real-time iCloud sync with folder support
- Dropbox integration
1. Writer has no formatting settings: with Writer you cannot fumble with fonts and colors. All you can do is write.
2. Currently only Latin Alphabet languages plus Chinese, Greek, Japanese, and Russian are officially supported (NO Vietnamese, Thai, Hebrew, Arabic etc support… yet).
3. Writer uses plain text files, such as .txt and .md (but not .doc or .docx), in “UTF-8” encoding.
TALK TO US
- Visit ia.net/writer/ios for information about iA Writer for iPad and iPhone
- Visit ia.net/writer/support/ for support and feedback
- Get writing inspiration on Facebook at facebook.com/iawriter
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
We look forward to hearing from you!
— Information Architects Inc.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
- Text selection can now be extended via Keyboard bar’s navigation keys
- Fixed issue moving files to Dropbox
- Stability improvements
- Performance improvements
If you like iA Writer, please leave a review or a rating. It helps a lot.
Writer is simple and extraordinary; intuitive, easy to use, flexible across iCloud, iDevice and Dropbox. I use it constantly, anytime I have more than a couple of sentences to write, and copy the text into whichever App on my iPad or iPhone that the text is intended. I use Writer in every meeting I sit in on now, whether I am minuting the meeting or taking notes - the simplicity of use in this situation makes this in fact the easiest method to take notes that I have used in my twenty year career in the building and construction industry. I wish this combination was around when I was a student! My recommendation, buy the iOS and OSX versions, sign up to iCloud and Dropbox accounts, and make life easy.
My favourite text writer
I use this app all the time. It is fast simple not complicated saves to iCloud. I can access files from my computer or they can be read and edited by others on the same account. Nothing fancy and the text can be copied to high level processors. The key board is brilliant with the extra editing buttons. I wish apple would have something like it for their keyboards
As an obsessive note-taker, I have used this app for over a year to take notes and write and can say with confidence that it is one of the best. It's fast simplicity and extended keyboard makes it's plain text format easy to use and free of distractions. Coming from someone who prefers to write in Notepad on PC, this has a very similar concentrated feel that's great while on the move.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 03 January 2015
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 5.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Information Architects Inc.
- © 2014 Information Architects Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.