Apple Books lets you lose yourself in a good story right on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You’ll find classics, bestsellers, up-and-coming authors and even audiobooks – ready to download and enjoy.
• Explore an incredible selection of books and audiobooks from every category, including fiction, non-fiction, mysteries, thrillers, romance, kids’ books, cookbooks and more.
• Browse the Book Store to find the buzziest new releases, curated collections and exclusive content.
• Visit the Audiobooks tab to discover great audiobooks read by your favourite authors and celebrities.
• Preview books while you browse, and download free samples – sometimes before they’re available anywhere else.
• Check out our Top Charts to see what’s popular with other readers.
• Return to the books you’re currently reading and get great recommendations in the Reading Now tab.
• Add books and audiobooks you’d like to read next to the new Want to Read collection.
• Use Auto-Night mode to browse the Book Store or read in bed without waking anyone up.
• Organise your library the way you want with flexible collections – even see a timeline of books you’ve finished or books that are downloaded on your device.
Great ways to read
• Choose from a selection of attractive fonts and four easy-to-read page colours.
• Add bookmarks and notes, and highlight your favourite passages.
• Find a word, character or phrase anywhere in your book with built-in search.
• Turn on Auto-Night Theme to make reading more comfortable on your eyes.
• Adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment.
• Move continuously through books instead of flipping pages by enabling Scrolling View.
• Hear the words on a page spoken when using Books with the accessibility features in iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
• Print PDF documents and notes you've written in Books using AirPrint.
• Access any of the books you purchase from Apple Books on all of your devices.
• Share your book and audiobook purchases with family members using Family Sharing.
• Organise your books and PDFs into personal collections that will appear on all of your devices.
• Access bookmarks, highlights, notes and your current page on all of your devices.
• The Book Store is available in many countries. The selection of available books varies by country.
• Downloading content from Books or iCloud requires an Apple ID and internet access.
• Books and PDFs added from outside the Book Store to the Books app must be DRM-free.
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with Books.
Bug Fixes and Feature Enhancements
- Apple Pty Limited
- 1.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018-2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.