Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest bestselling books or your favorite classics – day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages.
• Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBooks Store
• Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books, and more in the iBooks Store
• Experience gorgeous fullscreen Multi-Touch books filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos, and more
• Read a free sample of any book on the iBooks Store before making it a part of your permanent collection
Great ways to read
• Choose from seven beautiful fonts and three easy-to-read page colors
• Highlight your favorite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features
• Share thoughts about your favorite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages, or Mail
• Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature
• Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment
• Scroll through your books with the flick of a finger using the scroll view
• Use iBooks with the amazing accessibility features in iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch—such as speaking the words on a given page
• Print PDF documents and notes you've written in iBooks using AirPrint
• Organize your books and PDFs into personal Collections that appear on all your devices
• Keep bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page up-to-date everywhere using iCloud
• See all your iBooks Store purchases in iCloud right on your bookshelf
Supports open standards
• iBooks also opens content published in the ePub and PDF formats
• Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• You can also add PDF documents from Mail to your iBooks PDF Collection
• The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of books in the iBooks Store may vary by country
• Downloading from the iBooks Store or using iCloud features requires an Apple ID and Internet access
• Multi-Touch books created with iBooks Author can only be read using iBooks on iPad or Mac
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks
What's New in Version 3.2
iBooks has been updated with a beautiful new design for iOS 7.
The older version of IBooks.
This review is for the older version of IBooks.
I too somehow found the newer version on my iPad, though I didn't update, it took most of my files saved over several years, I was devastated.
I immediately deleted iBooks from my IPad I was disgusted with them to the point my interest in computers was waning very fast...
The good news for all you lovers of the older version is that I downloaded iBooks again and lo and behold the older version with the Bookshelf came back with all my files intact, be careful here, it did ask me to update... No Way.
From the reviews I have read... The older version is what the customers want, iBooks would be well advised to take notice.
Okay, but visually dull
I am giving the current version three stars because it works perfectly well, and taking two off for the disappointing blandness of the new graphics. I hope future updates will restore the appealing "real book" style as an option, or at any rate come up with something that looks more distinctive than this.
As it is I have taken the step of restoring the old version from backup. Maybe that's an overreaction since I haven't found anything functionally wrong with the new one- but I really do think that the visual design is an important part of the experience of reading. (I am a designer myself, by the way- we're not all wedded to ultra-minimalism.)
What can make IBooks better?
Hello creators of IBooks I think that the app is really great because of all the books to choose from but for me it has a floor. I am a visually impared user of Apple devices and I have found that the Voice Over does not work with it. Because of my limited sight I have to read large writing but that can take a long time and give me head aches. It would be great if Voice Over can read the text out when my eyes get sore. A feature like this would be great for visually impared users like me and it would be fantastic if this suggestion could be taken seriously.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 14 November 2013
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 31.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2013 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.