Available exclusively on the App Store, meticulously designed to be beautifully powerful and painstakingly engineered for the 64-bit CPU and multi-core GPU of iPad — Inspire Pro delivers an incredibly fast and realistic painting, drawing and sketching experience that you can take with you wherever you go and use whenever inspiration strikes.
Our proprietary painting engine Sorcery™, based on OpenGL, takes full advantage of the GPU to render brush strokes with brilliant 64-bit colour, laser-sharp sub-pixel precision and insanely fast speed. While the strokes of a wet oil paint brush look beautiful on their own, the breathtaking blending effects of a dry brush will absolutely stun you. Graze the canvas with just a bit of pressure to add a subtle blur to your artwork or use stronger pressure to actually mix existing colours on the canvas together to create new ones.
With no instruction manual or handbook required, whether you are a beginner, expert or somewhere in-between, you will enjoy the simplicity and power of the most intuitive and compelling illustration app for iPad, Inspire Pro.
• 80 high quality brushes to choose from, divided into 8 sets: Oil Paint, Airbrushes, Basic Shapes, Graphite Pencils, Wax Crayons, Markers, Chalk and Textures
• 70 more brushes are available in the Inspire Pro Shop, divided into 8 sets: Complex Shapes, Paint Splatter, Spray Paint, Shape Outlines, Charcoal, Patterns and Pastels & Conté
• All brushes can be used as a Wet Brush, Dry Brush (Blending) or Eraser
• Over 20 different settings are available to customize brush strokes with powerful versatility and variation
• Sorcery™, the fastest 64-bit painting engine on the App Store
• Full-fledged Apple Pencil support for pressure, tilt angle and orientation
• Smart Keyboard support with over 20 context-sensitive keyboard shortcuts
• Create a canvas of any size up to 16K (64MP) on iPad Pro
• Dual-texture brushes
• 64-bit colour
• All device orientations are supported all the time — switch from portrait to landscape painting with ease
• 1000 levels of undo and redo are available
• Touch and slide hotspots can be used to quickly change brush size, opacity and pressure without opening a menu
• The eyedropper tool can be used with a touch and hold gesture to select paint colours from the canvas
• The canvas can be moved around, rotated and zoomed in and out up to 6400%
• Create a painting right within the Messages app, starting from a blank canvas or an image from your Photos
Canvas Playback Video Recording
• Brush strokes are automatically recorded as you paint without any delay
• You can play the video of your artwork being created stroke-by-stroke directly in the gallery
• Exported videos are high quality HD at up to 1080p resolution
• Choose any paint colour you can dream of with the intuitive colour picker
• HSB and RGB sliders accompany a large colour circle, colour square and opacity slider
• Your latest colours are saved to a palette automatically while you paint
• You can also save your favourite colours to a palette with drag and drop
Visit snowCanoe.com to check out more screenshots, videos and artwork.
Several bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I am sorry to give this review but i am very disappointed with this app.
I purchased and even purchased an item from within the app and my disappointment grew.
I do a lot of work on real media and the brushes that you have are a far cry from anything that i have used.
the oil brushes have a terrible texture all being very stringy. it isn't possible to make decent soft fluid strokes. changing the brush type just changes the shape.
it's the same with all the brushes. i paid for conte and get a texture that is almost the same as a pastel crayon! why pay for that?
sorry you guys but you are a far cry from apps like Procreate where there are layers and the ability to design your own brushes and much more.
I was hoping that this would force me to work digitally without layers but i cannot use this app.
some users will find it rewarding i'm sure but not people with any high expectations.
There is also the annoying habit of the eye dropper selecting the colour under the brush if you delay a stroke for mor then half a second.
Great, except it keeps crashing
iPad Air 2 iOS 11.2.5. Keeps freezing whenever the record function is selected and it is recording your painting. Have to shut it down and restart.
Otherwise very good.
No ‘layers’ support.
After 6 years, there’s still no addition of ‘layers.’ - Even ‘Colors’ on the 3DS has layers support.
For similar cost, Procreate offers a lot more ...and that includes: layers, psd (industry standard), brush creation and others.
Medibang Paint is free, and offers a lot more than this app.
// please don’t delete this opinion
In-App PurchasesSee All
Paint Splatter Brush Set
Release all of your stress onto the canvas
Charcoal Brush Set
The ultimate set of tools for sketch artists
Pastels & Conté Brush Set
Create art with fine detail and rich colors
- 327.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 snowCanoe
- In-App Purchases
- Paint Splatter Brush Set $2.99
- Spray Paint Brush Set $2.99
- Charcoal Brush Set $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.