Improve your sight reading with immediate feedback of timing accuracy. Carefully graduated levels from simple to professional allow you to start at your best level and improve at your own pace, more rapidly than on your own instrument. Practice anytime and anywhere. Many advanced features.
- Common and rarer rhythms from 2 to 9 beats per bar (2/2, 4/2, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 3/8, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, 12/8).
- More than 200 fixed exercises (100 (longer ones) on iPad).
- Thousands of random exercises.
- Levels for absolute beginners as well as professionals.
- More difficult exercises include rests, ties, syncopations, duplets, triplets, quadruplets, quintuplets.
- Option to add swing to every quarter note meter exercise.
- Different degrees of swing: light, medium and hard.
- Automatic count-off with one or two bars.
- Longer (random) exercises in landscape orientation.
PRACTICE & TEST MODE
- Practice mode: listen or tap along while the rhythm is played.
- Test mode: you hear the metronome and must read and tap the rhythm.
- Accuracy is instantly displayed visually (color and position) with each tap.
- Easily adjust metronome tempo by sliding or keypad.
- Two tap buttons for higher tempos.
- Any exercise can serve as a starting point for editing.
- The editor provides many options to tailor exercises to your needs.
- Designed to need very few taps.
- Includes an editor for ties.
- Unlimited undo.
- Add your exercises to favorites.
- Share these with others.
- Expert mode: a higher default tempo for the exercises plus more accuracy required in tapping.
- Endurance test (continuous reading).
- Speeding-up tests.
- Left- and right-hand independence: tap the beat and rhythm with two tap buttons.
- Note duration test.
- Count 6/8 in two (dotted quarter has the beat).
- Ear training function to help in rhythmic dictation.
- Frequency chart of tap results.
- Progress reports for fixed and random exercises.
- Mail your results: e.g. send your 100% score graphic or progress reports.
- Sounds of the app player, metronome and taps can be chosen from several percussive instruments.
- Optional stereo sound. Hear your taps in the right ear and the metronome/player in the left ear.
- Optional beat-counting voice function.
- Use of the microphone as an alternative to the tap buttons.
- Play the rhythm with hand claps, finger-snaps or an instrument.
- Sensitivity function.
- Support for external microphones.
- Very low latency (instant response).
- Left-handed tapping support.
- Classical as well as flat interface themes.
- Universal app (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch).
- Support for all screen sizes, including iPhone X, XR, XS, XS Max.
- 64-bit compatible.
- iOS 12 tested.
- Minor improvements and a few bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing app that actually helps you improve your sight reading. Highly recommend!
One feature request: ability to create rhythm exercises with notes distinguished as up strums or down strums for muted guitar practice. Huge potential!
Just wanted to thank the developers for the incredible detail they have put in to this app (and seemingly continue to do so with the recent update). I think this app shines in the way you are able to customise nearly every variable to increase or decrease difficulty. I also enjoy the 'random exercise', with a perpetual stream of original rhythms. As a student studying music at a tertiary level this app has really aided me in my development of reading complex rhythms and as a teacher to young musicians I have seen improvements after recommending this app. Thanks guys!
If I spent as much time using this app as the developer spends improving and refining it I would be a world class drummer by now. As it is my sight reading has improved enormously. This app is just superb. Very low latency (imperceptible to me), very flexible, comprehensive and easy to use. Out of the hundreds of apps I have It is the most regularly updated, improved and expanded app. Great for beginner to advanced. I wish I'd had a tool like this when I was learning music as a kid.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.