Better Health Channel – Health Information and Services
By Department of Health (Victoria)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the NEW Better Health app from Australia’s most trusted, comprehensive, and easy to understand health and medical information website – The Better Health Channel.
The Better Health Channel – your trusted health companion through life
Since 1999 the Better Health Channel (www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au) has helped Australian’s achieve the best possible health and wellbeing through various stages of life. It has successfully done so by providing easy to understand and reliable information - clinically quality assured by over 200 content partners and Department of Health (Victoria) subject matter experts. The site has consistently been ranked Australia's No.1 health and medical information website and does not include any commercial advertising or corporate sponsorship.
About this app
The Better Health Channel app builds on the superior information you’ve come to expect from the Better Health Channel by providing only the best healthy living and medical information – all quality assured for your peace of mind.
The app includes:
• Our full range of heath information articles, including conditions and treatments, healthy living and relationships and family
• First aid procedures for a wide range of common injuries - from bites and burns to heat stroke and hypothermia
• Healthy and nutritious recipes and the ability to create customised shopping lists
• Suburb and postcode discovery and after hours service availability for a range of health providers such as doctors, dentists, pharmacists and physiotherapists
• Urgent medical help and advice contacts including Nurse On Call, Kids helpline, Poisons Information, Lifeline and more
• Personalised health alerts and notifications for heat, temperature, UV, smog and pollen.
Health service information is provided via the National Human Services Directory. Health service providers wishing to register their organisation can do so via the ‘contact us’ page of the website http://nhsd.com.au/contact-us
What's New in Version 3.2
This update includes minor bug fixes for iOS8
The best health app
You must have this app on your mobile! It's an amazing the only thing missing is the CMI "consumer medicine information" which is available on the website and it can be emailed and printed otherwise it's an awesome app! Please add this function. Thank you
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 12 May 2015
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 22.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Department of Health - Victoria, Australia
- © Copyright 2013 State Government of Victoria
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.