Better Health Channel – Health Information and Services
By Department of Health (Victoria)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the NEW Better Health app from Australia’s most trusted, comprehensive, and easy to understand health and medical information website – The Better Health Channel.
The Better Health Channel – your trusted health companion through life
Since 1999 the Better Health Channel (www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au) has helped Australian’s achieve the best possible health and wellbeing through various stages of life. It has successfully done so by providing easy to understand and reliable information - clinically quality assured by over 200 content partners and Department of Health (Victoria) subject matter experts. The site has consistently been ranked Australia's No.1 health and medical information website and does not include any commercial advertising or corporate sponsorship.
About this app
The Better Health Channel app builds on the superior information you’ve come to expect from the Better Health Channel by providing only the best healthy living and medical information – all quality assured for your peace of mind.
The app includes:
• Our full range of heath information articles, including conditions and treatments, healthy living and relationships and family
• First aid procedures for a wide range of common injuries - from bites and burns to heat stroke and hypothermia
• Healthy and nutritious recipes and the ability to create customised shopping lists
• Suburb and postcode discovery and after hours service availability for a range of health providers such as doctors, dentists, pharmacists and physiotherapists
• Urgent medical help and advice contacts including Nurse On Call, Kids helpline, Poisons Information, Lifeline and more
• Personalised health alerts and notifications for heat, temperature, UV, smog and pollen.
Health service information is provided via the National Human Services Directory. Health service providers wishing to register their organisation can do so via the ‘contact us’ page of the website http://nhsd.com.au/contact-us
What's New in Version 3.0
Version 3.0 builds upon the success and 4.5-5 star ratings of version 2.0 to help you take control of your health and wellbeing anytime, anywhere. This version includes:
• improvements to after hours health services to help you more easily locate GP’s, late night pharmacies and other medical services when critical needs arise
• social sharing for twitter, facebook and SMS integration so you can share healthy living articles and our delicious healthy recipes with friends, family and those close to you
• Recipe shopping list sharing (email and SMS) to more easily gather all the ingredients for your next healthy meal or those in your care
Here’s what people have been saying about version 2:
Best health app
This app is awesome! Provides you with so much information in health! Has great recipes and provides you with heaps of tips! I love it! – Supernatural18655
Essential app for everyone!
This application is extremely user friendly, containing invaluable information written in a way that is user friendly and straight to the point. You must download this! A must have for everyone, Great initiative Vic Government. Thank you – Unhappy00
I don’t usually write reviews, however this app is well worth the time. Simply put, it’s a great app enabling the public to stay aware of health risks and benefits. It’s definitely worth downloading – Halima Ali
An excellent app
I love this app. Detailed notes on health, contacts, conditions all in one place. When I feel crook this is where I go first. You also get a first aid guide, and I have just discovered the recipes and UV and pollen alerts. Cloud mountain
The first version was great, but I love the new upgrade. Sleeker, more functional, and the recipes are awesome. Kudos. - BZ Aus
The app aims to help you and those close to you remain healthy, safe and well. It does not however replace professional advice or care provided by medical practitioners and other qualified health professionals.
Best health site
When ever I have a question about a health concern I always check out the better health channel. It's straight forward and gives you the answers and has fact sheets about medicines.
Great Health Reference
I'm a registered nurse and I always find easy this Victorian government website to provide me with information on most health concerns.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 29 November 2013
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 13.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Department of Health - Victoria, Australia
- © Copyright 2013 State Government of Victoria
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.