The official 2018 app for the Melbourne Writers Festival (MWF) allows you to explore, connect and streamline your Festival experience.
The MWF 2018 app lets you:
Explore the Festival program:
- Browse the program by name, date, venue
- Browse ‘What's On Next' at the Festival
- Shake the app on any program screen to show a random session
- view both free and ticketed events
Buy and download tickets:
- Go paperless: your tickets can be scanned directly from the screen
- Buy tickets securely with your credit card anywhere, anytime
- Buy passes and redeem sessions immediately
- Add your tickets to Passbook
- Add your sessions to iCal
Schedule your attendance and share with friends:
- Share events with friends through email, Twitter and Facebook
- Want to be part of the conversation? Include #MWF18 in your tweets
Left your printed tickets at home?
The app stores all your ticket barcodes on your device regardless of how you purchased (web, phone or in-person). Door staff can scan your ticket right from your device's screen.
About the Festival:
Held from 24 August to 2 September, the 2018 Melbourne Writers Festival is a bookish arts party that will bring the City of Literature to life.
For more than three decades, Melbourne Writers Festival has been bringing together the best writers, thinkers and performers from Australia and around the world to revel in the power of words to unite and inspire us. The Festival includes events for people of all ages and more than a quarter of the program is free. Our highly regarded Schools’ Program is Australia’s biggest literary festival for students, with 15,000 attendees each year.
About the developers:
Ferve Tickets are proud to support this year's MWF program.
Whether you're buying tickets online or at the box office, knowing where to be for the next show, or having your tickets and passes when you need them, we're with you the whole way.
Ratings and Reviews
No exchange function
Although the app states you can return/exchange tickets, the MWF does not actually allow this. If it’s physically possible- as it is with say MIFF, I don’t see why they don’t let you do this. Pretty disappointed after spending money on the pass, thinking this was an option.
Easy to use
This is a nice, clean app, easy to use. Love the ability to buy e-tickets that are stored on the phone and scanned on location.
I miss the ability to sync with my calendar (Sydney Writers Festival app does this). Also, there should be an iPad version.
This app offers a great way to explore the 400+ events at the Melbourne Writers Festival. Buying tickets is quick and easy, plus it can lets you keep scannable tickets on your phone.
- Vallez Pty Ltd
- 5.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Melbourne Writers Festival
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.