By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Xbox app brings together your friends, games, and accomplishments from across your devices. Stay connected to your gaming community on the go, control your Xbox One from the app, and buy new games from the store. With your gaming life all in one place, the Xbox app keeps you connected to the games and gamers that matter most.
On the go:
• See what friends are up to on Xbox Live
• Share updates and game clips
• Watch and interact with game content
• Buy games from the store
With an Xbox One:
• Use the app to navigate using your device’s keyboard and touch
• Use the app as a media controller for your Xbox One (play, pause, etc)
What's New in Version 3.1606.0623
We are excited to introduce the new Xbox app. Everything you love about Xbox SmartGlass, is now in the Xbox app, and much more! No matter where you play games — whether it is your Xbox One, Windows 10 PC, or Phone — the Xbox app is the best way to stay connected to your gaming community.
This month we have got a pretty great release that will make your Xbox app experience much better.
• Updated home – The Activity Feed is the home of the Xbox app
• Activity feed updates – More personalised activity feed
• Added Trending content – Find out what is popular on Xbox Live
• Facebook friend finder – Add your Facebook friends who are also on Xbox
• Contact list friend finder – Use your phones contact list to add friends to Xbox Live
• Real name sharing – Be able to share your real name with your friends
• Game hubs – Game Hubs now added to Xbox app
• Connection destination – Updated the Xbox One navigation and media control of your Xbox One from the app
• Updated profiles – Redesigned user profiles in Xbox app
We would love to hear from you. If you run into any issues, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for gaming with us! We hope you enjoy this release.
Update is a step backwards
Just updated this app and I'm not really liking the changes.
Firstly, there is an overlapping graphics glitch in settings for "Stay awake". The third option is overlaid by something about Facebook. Fail
Secondly. The right hand side of the screen is now taken up by a search function for a friend. Please allow me to minimise this. I use this Xbox for tv not a social media thing. I have my phone and tablet for that. This Window consumes valuable real estate for the TV guide. Make it go away.
The tv tuner volume control Window is simply ridiculous. The small volume buttons are in the middle if the screen and the close button X is up the top right. Why can't you simply have a small window popup down near where the volume control button actually is. This waste of real estate is more apparent when using the PC app on a large monitor. A huge Windows pops up for a few simple buttons. Poor programming.
Very very handy to use and I have also noticed the Devs are very opened to listen to good ideas. I remember suggesting Screen Shots access and it was implemented shortly after. I think it's a fantastic xb1 Companion!
P.s only thing missing : an alert to notify me when a game has finished downloading or copying
No audio when playing videos?
App is great overall and very handy but sometimes won't turn on my Xbox ever when instant on is activated. Also when playing back videos me or my friends have recorded during a game the audio doesn't play. I have no idea why. A good addition would be to be able to reply to messages from the lock screen!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 24 June 2016
- Version: 3.1606.0623
- Size: 56.8 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.