Turn your iPhone or iPad into the ultimate remote control for your Mac. Take full control over your Mac – use your iOS device as a trackpad and keyboard or launch any app from anywhere within your home.
Tired of sitting on the couch, having to handle keyboard and mouse on your lap to control your media center Mac? Use Remote Control on your iPhone as a trackpad and keyboard to comfortably browse on the big screen TV. Using AirPlay Mirroring and an Apple TV, your Mac could be located anywhere in your home. Simply select your Apple TV from the list of available AirPlay devices and control your Mac from the comfort of your couch or bed.
You can even start any app on your Mac, send your Mac to sleep, wake it up and perform many more useful actions to control your Mac remotely. All you need to do is download the Mac Helper application and connect your Mac and iOS device to the same WiFi. Remote Control will guide you through the simple setup process.
AT A GLANCE
- Control volume, playback and Airplay mirroring of your Mac;
- Use your iOS device as a Mac trackpad and keyboard;
- Launch and quit Apps on your Mac comfortably from your iOS device;
- Control any app on your Mac using its menu;
- Restart or shut down your Mac, change display brightness and many more useful actions;
- Enjoy the ease of use in a slick user interface you will love;
- Use the Personal Hotspot of your iOS device to control your Mac when you don’t have access to other networks;
- 3 steps, under 30 seconds super easy setup.
- Amazon Prime Video
- LIFEHACKER: "This iOS app lets me control nearly every aspect of my Mac from my iPhone or iPad"
- MACSTORIES: "Remote for Mac is perfect for controlling a Mac that serves as a media center"
- MACOBSERVER: "This setup gives me full control of my Mac in the palm of my hand from anywhere in my house"
- Mac with macOS 10.10 or above and free helper app installed;
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 10 or above;
- Shared wireless network connection between your computer and iOS device.
Download free helper app from https://cherpake.com/get
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me, please give the app a quick rating on the App Store.
* Adding Siri Shortcuts to menu commands
* Minor fixes and improvements
* Show custom actions under MORE tab
* Adding Siri Shortcuts for custom actions
# In addition to Apps, System, AirPlay controls and opening websites
# Siri Shortcuts all the things :)
# Requires macOS 10.10 or above and helper app ver. 9.9.0 or above
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me.
Please take a moment to rate the app on the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app with active developer
Not only does this app make it just as easy to use your Mac from your phone, but actually manages to streamline a lot of functions with simple taps from a functions menu. And the app even comes with a list of menus for different scenarios such as when watching Netflix, that when selected show a specialised input screen with features tailored to that situation. But best of all is the fact that the developer has been putting out a steady stream of updates since I got the app a year ago, completely transforming the app, and thus still giving me more value for my purchase all his time later.
I hardly ever leave reviews but the developer of this app is worth it. Have been using this for control of my iMac media centre and integrates perfectly. Two thumbs up!
Good Functional Remote
Good Functional Remote Control for playing movies on MacBook Pro through to the TV. Works really well. No problems so far
- Evgeny Cherpak
- 37 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Cherpak Evgeny
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.