Precision 2D vector drawing & design for the iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch.
Supports Apple Pencil on iPad Pro, updated for the new iPhone X.
Make professional quality designs, illustrations and technical drawings on the move using your fingers at last! iDesign has unique features and offset controls which allows you to draw accurately with your finger not getting in the way or blocking your view.
Full feature compatibility and automatic sync of designs via iCloud with XDesign (Mac version).
Check out the iDesign Product Tour (YouTube) & User Guide (PDF) - at www.touchaware.com.
- A universal app for both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch which adapts to the native screen size of the device.
- An unobtrusive icon based visual and context driven user interface with a full screen board view
- Toolbars and panels with easy access to frequently used functions for a fast work flow
Standard Tools & Functions
- Line, polyline, square, rectangle, circle, arc, ellipse, polygons, stars & path tools
- Copy and paste selected shapes and groups
- Group and ungroup shapes hierarchically to create complex designs
- Edit points, convert shapes to path, close shapes, add and remove points, break, weld, explode and join
- Precise rotation with ability to rotate at user defined center
- Object alignment tools
- Fill color and pen color swatches with opacity controls, custom RGB mixer
- Stroke width, line style, line caps and corner join styles, arrow ends and dash patters
- Text insertion with fonts, styles, sizes, paragraph alignments, multilingual, rotate/resize
- Set a background image for tracing/marking over it
- Insert images, copy, paste, move, resize and position them accordingly
- Multilevel Undo/Redo for all edit operations
- Create multiple layers to organize & separate design components
Unique Features for Touch Based Editing
- Offset handles for moving and positioning without your finger blocking the view
- Nudge controls, allows precise movement of selected shapes or selected points
- Delta transformations to apply incremental values by keyboard
Advanced Tools for Graphics Design
- Advanced path editing options for corner, smooth and symmetric control points, straighten and curve segments
- Text to path conversion
- Boolean operations on shapes, unite, intersect, subtract, exclude
- Freehand drawing, auto smoothened paths
- Gradients / color blends
Advanced Tools for Technical Drawing
- Circle and Arc tool based on center, start/end point, radius and angle of arc
- Dimensioning tools, length as well as angular with customisable settings
- Support for Feet+Inches+Fractions (U.S & older unit system) - Architectural formatting option for Dimensions - Dynamic grid supporting feet, inches and inch fractions at different zoom levels
Units & Board Setup
- Support for standard and custom board sizes.
- Set a drawing scale
- Full set of standard unit systems.
- Unit aware Grid with customisable settings
- Snap to grid, snap to object and points
- Unit aware rulers
Export/Import & Print
- Export designs to JPEG, PNG, PDF & SVG formats
- Import SVG files
- Share your designs with other iDesign users via Email
- Dropbox support for Export, Import
- AirPrint Support
Shape Library available as a subscription - US$11.99/year. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
Subscriptions can be managed in your iTunes Account Settings.
New file management UI, Shape libraries, update for iOS 12 and more!
New features & enhancements:
- A new Home menu accessed via the Home icon at left top corner of the screen for managing Designs, Export/Import, Library, Store and Settings.
- Updated file and design management UI with split view and full screen capability accessed from the Home menu.
- Rulers button is now located in the Edit toolbar.
Shape libraries added as an in-app subscription option with the following features:
- Create and manage shape libraries.
- Locate libraries on your device locally or on iCloud.
- Sync libraries across all your iOS devices.
- Standard set of libraries drawn to accurate dimensions included, with updates.
- Specify scale and units for library (eg: 1:100 scale in cm), add size descriptions to shapes for accurate sizing.
Updated for iOS 12.
Other minor fixes and enhancements.
Thank you for supporting the development of iDesign.
Ratings and Reviews
Beautiful and impossible to use for me.
I really wanted to love this app. It has a brilliant visual aesthetic and as a some-time technical illustrator I was attracted to the dimensioning tools. However there are always some problems that you can only solve by adding extra points and slicing/cutting lines at unusual points, This is very difficult with iDesign and sometimes impossible given the tools available.
For example the add-points tool insists on adding points at a midpoint between two other points then sliding the point to where you want it to go on a line. Awkward on a straight line even if you have some guides set up to help you, impossible on, say, an ellipse.
There is, I think, something missing in the over all philosophy of iDesign. It looks to me like the programmers went too far in the direction of convenience or ease of use. Consequently it’s only ready for easy drawings despite the potential of some of its toolset. The mac os x version is exactly the same.
I design with idesign
This is a great cad / design app that could get another star if it were made just a little bit more user friendly.
I find some of the functions a little difficult to find or use but other than that it is feature full and very useful.
I have started using it more and more n my iPad Ro with the pencil and t works really well.
Give it a go.
Absolutely loving it
I’m fairly new at this and am really enjoying using this app
Tec support is amazing, thanks for easing the learning curve
- TouchAware Limited
- 45.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2018 TouchAware Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Shape Library $17.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.