By Indeeo, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iDraw is a powerful feature-packed vector drawing and illustration application for Mac OS X.
"Lightweight vector drawing; easy to use; 9/10" - Mac.AppStorm.net
Featured in "Amazing Mac Apps", "...very powerful at a very decent price" - iCreate Magazine
iDraw has all of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art. Create intricate designs quickly and easily, and continue working on the go with iDraw for the iPad.
Create resolution-independent illustrations that can be pasted into Pages documents, included in Keynote presentations, or used together with iBooks Author.
- SVG, PDF, EPS import
- SVG, PDF, PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF export
- Shape libraries
- Styles library
- Boolean path combinations
- Canvas scale, Rulers, and Units (mm, cm, inches)
- Layers, Text, Images, Multi-color Gradients, RGB color picker, Brushes, Bezier Pen Tool, customizable Canvas Templates, Masking, PDF import and export, and much more!
- Brush and Pencil tools for fluid drawing and sketching
- Essential set of shape creation tools
- Multiple layers
- Powerful Pen tool for creating custom shapes
- Pen tool multi-point selection and editing
- Multi-color gradient editor
- Text styling
- Images - rotate, scale, with alpha transparency
- Snap to Grid
- Canvas Styles
- Group / Lock / Lock Aspect ratio
- Export designs as vector-based PDF and SVG files
What's New in Version 2.3.1
Photoshop PSD Import/Export.
• Import layered PSD files with vector paths and effects.
• Shape layers are imported as editable vector paths.
• Layer effects are imported as fully editable drop shadows, glows, etc.
• Export designs as layered PSD files.
Document Color Management.
• Per-document color profiles.
• Assign and convert colors to a different profile (Modify > Color Settings…).
New Blend Modes.
• 8 new blend modes including Linear Burn, Linear Dodge, Vivid Light, Linear Light,
Pin Light, Hard Mix, Subtract, Divide.
• Existing blend modes (such as Color Dodge) have been improved to ensure they match
the appearance of imported PSD files.
• Significantly faster rendering of complex projects.
• Multi-threaded drawing ensures lag-free scrolling and zooming.
Instant Image Masking.
• Instantly mask effects and other fills by an image with transparency.
• Toggle masking using the 'Set as transparency mask' setting in the Appearance pane.
• Apply blend modes to individual shapes and groups.
• Apply blend modes to strokes and fills in the Appearance Pane.
Inner and Outer Strokes.
• Set strokes to be positioned centered, inside, or outside of a path.
• New 'Angle Gradient' setting in the Fill pane.
• Toggle outline drawing (Modify > Color Settings…).
Hex Color Picker.
• Hex value color picker in the color popup.
Import PDF Annotations.
• Import shape, highlight, and text annotations.
• Improved support for embedded fonts.
• Cut a path into multiple sections, at anchor points, or anywhere along its length.
• Available from the Pen Tool's options, or activated directly using the 'c' keyboard shortcut.
Join Multiple Paths.
• 'Modify > Join Paths' can now combine multiple paths together at the same time.
• Select several paths and choose 'Join Paths' to join all of paths together at their endpoints.
• 'Modify > Connect Endpoints' links the nearest endpoints of each path with line segments.
• The endpoints of multiple selected paths can be connected to create a single path.
• Explode an entire path into separate disconnected segments. (Modify > Disconnect Path).
• Reconnect a path after editing it using the 'Connect Path' or 'Join Path' commands.
Erase Images and Gradients
• The eraser tool can now be used to erase portions of images and gradient fills.
• Boolean combinations can also now be used in the same way to trim images and gradient fills.
Improved Text to Path
• Converting text objects to editable paths now creates individual shapes for each glyph.
• Image and gradient fills applied across a text object are accurately cropped to each shape.
Copy/Paste Appearance Items
• Copy individual stroke, fill, shadow, glow, etc. items and paste them on other shapes.
• Quickly re-use the same image and gradient fill settings among different shapes.
• Right-click on an item in the 'Appearance: Effects' pane and choose 'Copy' / 'Paste'.
- Zoom tool: click and drag to zoom in on a specific area.
- SVG Export: added options for converting to sRGB and scaling embedded images.
- PDF Import: improvements to text positioning and various other fixes.
- Eraser tool: cut the paths of unfilled shapes.
- Text tool: custom text kerning and line height fields.
- Improved Gradient tool.
- Significant performance improvements. Reduced memory usage, smaller file sizes,
and many overall performance optimizations.
- Many other misc. fixes and improvements.
New in 2.3.1: Fixed a drawing issue on Retina displays.
a good one
Re-edited 8 August. - improvements continue. Still some holes in the interface and not as intuitive as it could be, but very flexible and useful app - have designed dozens of diagrams on it and very happy with the result. Very professional.
Edited - OK, so there is a learning curve with this app. But the developer is very responsive to queries - thanks for that. There are still some bugs (miter setting, the manual is outdated) but I did develop at short notice some impressive diagrams with this app. Well done.
Good for drawing and lots to recommend but too many bugs. Please get on to them! As I use this more I am getting less impressed…
1. gradient colours cannot be changed via the gradient palette - no colour changes possible except by the very limited styles palette. This is really frustrating. ** you can edit, but not very intuitive**
2. brush shape keeps defaulting to 6pt no matter what I set it as. ** not intuitive at all :(**
3. miter setting cannot be changed from 4pt
4. seems very difficult to draw multi angle lines…** can do this but no intuitive**
5. preference pane allows adjusting of only a very few minor settings ** still a problem**
6. 'Show Colors' does not appear at bottom of colour palette.. ** still a problem**
This is pretty poor! please sort this out.
Deserves 5 stars
Edited - Massive stability improvments with 2.3, only downfall, and quite a noticeable one is it only uses 1 core of a quad core processor so some actions are very slow. Even on the newest, top of the line MacBook, using the eraser on a large document is painful.
but its far too buggy, crashes frequently and hasnt been updated in the 6 months ive owned it even though I have sent crash reports to the developers.
Undo rarely works, just fills console with errors.
Gradient fill has a mind of its own, works like no othe gradient generator Ive seen in any app but not in a good way.
Selecting the correct node when zoomed in is pot luck, You just click at random places on the screen until the node highlights and then have to use the arrow keys to move it.
When I started using this app the problems were annoying but I kept using it cause I though they would be fixed with updates but as its now been 8 months since the last update might be time to cut my losses and find a new vector app.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: 08 August 2013
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 10.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Indeeo, Inc.
- © Copyright 2013 Indeeo, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later