With the Holman iGardener app you can use your smartphone to control all the programming and interface functions of a continually increasing range of Holman garden watering and light products via Bluetooth®. These products are designed for easy DIY installation.
You can control the following Holman products with the iGardener app:
1 | IRRIGATION
• BTX1 Smart Valve Tap Timer
• BTX6 Irrigation Controller 6 Zones
• BTX8 Irrigation Controller 8 Zones
• Schedule up to 8 tap timers or controllers via the app
• Scheduling options for 7-day watering, interval days, odd days, even days, cycle scheduling, manual watering
• Set your run time in hours and minutes
• Up to 3 start times per day
• Watering duration from 1 minute to 59 minutes
• Ability to connect a rain sensor (BTX6 and BTX8 only) and set a rain delay via the app
2 | GARDEN LIGHTING
• LIGHTSOURCE Warm White Garden Light Controller (CLBW60)
• LIGHTSOURCE RGB Colour Garden Light Controller (CLBRGB60)
• Connect up to 60W of path lights, spotlights and/or deck lights to a single light controller
• Change colour (RGB Colour lights only), vary intensity, set an on and off time and special effects
This version has various bug fixes to the irrigation components plus will operate new Holman products to be released soon.
Ratings and Reviews
Version upgrades bring more bugs than improvements
I am using btx6 controller for irrigation. I started with v 1.19, programmed the controller and everything was working as expected. After upgrading to v 2.0 I wasn’t able to find my controller on the app. After reading some customers reviews I managed to unpair the controller from the app and do setup again. Tested the zone watering and it was all good. After upgrading to v 2.2, when you run any zone, zone 2 will always come on together with the zone which supposed to run. Such a buggy software. I hope this will be fixed ASAP, but the main problem iGardener is the process around releasing new upgrade versions. Every new version brings more bugs than improvements and very little testing is done before releasing new versions. If you are going to have a commercial product on the market, you should also have a software which meets commercial standards. Fix your processses around software development, testing and release of new versions.
What is going on
I really really hope Holman read this because what they are offering is pure insanity. I purchased a garden lighting kit for my holiday home. Said Bluetooth but not much more. Firstly where the hell is the manual over ride switch on the controller, there literally isn’t one. You have to use the app 100% of the time if you want to use the controller. This is not technically advanced at all, I have a holiday house that is 2 hours away from my home and unless I get all my guests to install and pair the devices the lights can’t get turned on. Oh and there is no scheduler , whaaaat ??? I can’t even set time. So I have a controller and transformer I can not use and I now have to by an old style transformer for $70 and a smart plug for $50 just to do what your products should do in the first place.
Just make it better, add any of the following wifi connect / manual override on the controller / and a schedule feature in the app. Fix the insanity please
Developer Response ,
Our controller do indeed have an active timer in the app, just set the timer and the lights will come on and go off at the scheduled times, no need for anyone else to have access to them. If you wanted a basic ON/OFF controller for warm White lighting, so your customers can use them when needed, this is also available. If you need assistance with programming, please call us on 1300 716 188. We will indeed forward your comments on to our development team, thank you for taking the time to review this for us! your Holman Service Team!
Works well but could do with a little refinement
Purchased a btx-8 to replace an ancient controller.
Super easy setup and instant paring with my iPhone 7.
I was able to program all stations without reading the manual, it’s that easy to use.
Note as per the manual it will only pair with ONE device as a security measure.
My only gripes are
1) you can’t just click a button to manually run the “program” as each station effectively operates as its own program. So if you want to run the whole sequence of stations you must run each station on manual in sequence yourself manually. This is just plain dumb. Obviously programmed by people who’ve never actually had a retic system before. This really needs sorting out.
2) if you want to change the run time for the manual station setting you must actually run the station for the whole time in order to update the controller. For example to set say station 1 to run for 15 mins on manual you must actually run the station for 15 minutes before you can update the controllers without the new run time. Very annoying but fortunately only needs doing once.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.