IKEA Place uses ARKit and is compatible with iPhone 6s and newer. See below for iPad compatibility.
IKEA Place lets you virtually 'place' IKEA products in your space.
The app includes 3D and true-to-scale models of everything from sofas and armchairs to footstools and coffee tables. IKEA Place gives you an accurate impression of the furniture’s size, design and functionality in your home so you can stop wondering and start doing.
To use the app:
- Make sure the room is well lit and hold your smartphone at waist level
- Scan an empty piece of floor by moving your device around
- Search the list of available products and select one
- Find an empty spot in the room, rotate and place the product there
- Select other products and add them to your room to make a new Place.
The app lets also you share your 'place' with social apps like WhatsApp or Instagram. And ultimately, order your products through IKEA Store. Look out for updates as more IKEA products and additional functionality arriving soon.
Minor bug fixes and visual improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Visualise how new furniture would look in your home with AR.
App Crashing on Launch
The app worked fine, in previous versions of the app but now with this new version it just gives up. I don’t what’s wrong with app, I hope that it gets fixed soon.
Developer Response ,
Hej Nirwan. Unfortunately, we ran into some issues while releasing the newest update. That said, we're glad to hear your first experience was a positive one! To fix this current glitch, you'll have to update the app and then restart IKEA Place. That should resolve the issue. We hope you'll give us another chance and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
Furniture Sizes Wrong
The IKEA Place app is really great and user friendly. Although sometimes the app will place the furniture really big or really small and not actually the proper size of the furniture. Otherwise great app that has a friendly User Interface
Developer Response ,
Hej Will1306. Thank you for the feedback. In most cases, this issue can be resolved by performing a new scan while ensuring that the floor is well-lit, tidy and free of reflections. We hope this solves your problem.
- Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
- 119 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- English, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Inter IKEA Systems B.V. 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.