By Hayden Spence
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iLearner allows learner drivers to quickly, conveniently and easily log driving hours using an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. With iLearner, you no longer have to worry about calculating how many minutes a drive was or your start and finish location names; it can calculate those for you. It’s practically an electronic learner logbook.
With this application, you can:
• Accurately log driving experience for multiple learners.
• View all logs recorded with the device, and ones you’ve manually added.
• Email all your logs, or just individual ones.
• Create and manage supervising drivers and accredited trainers.
• Create and manage motor vehicles.
• View your driving statistics (total time, daytime, nighttime, accredited and total kilometers travelled). You can also view your average trip driving time and distance.
Features you’ll enjoy:
• If you’re using an iOS device with GPS, iLearner can automatically determine your start and finish location names, as well as driving route tracking so you can see where you drove on a map.
• The start and end odometer reading of vehicles you most commonly drive can be automatically suggested when you start and stop logging.
• If the time classification changes during your journey (day becomes night or night becomes day), you can split the log into daytime/nighttime (requires a GPS enabled device).
• As you start logging journeys, iLearner will know who you drive most frequently with and in what vehicle, and suggest them to you for future logs, speeding up the logging process.
• You can instantly see how many hours of driving you've done.
• You can even add old logs from your official logbook so your statistics are accurate.
• iLearner will automatically calculate how many minutes a journey was for you.
• And it will always work in the background. So you can close iLearner, or even turn the device off, and it will continue logging.
Please note that this application does not replace your official government issued logbook. You must copy logs made with iLearner into your official logbook.
What's New in Version 1.4
This version contains the following improvements:
- You can now track your driving route and see it on a map if you have a GPS enabled device. Turn on Route Tracking in Settings & Learner Drivers to enable this feature. Also, when this option is enabled, your log can be split if the time classification changes from day to night or night to day during your journey. You can access this feature from the action menu of the completed log.
- You can turn on auto odometer for each vehicle you drive and have the start odometer value automatically filled out from the last known reading of the vehicle. The end odometer value is also suggested if route tracking is turned on.
- The share logs feature has a new design.
- Other enhancements/bug fixes.