iModeling app is a Video Modeling app designed to teach a variety of skills to people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other disabilities of any communication skill level.
Based on research into Video Modeling conducted by Autism SA and the Disabilities Research Unit at the University of Adelaide in Adelaide, South Australia, you can use iModeling to create videos to teach skills to a person who is a visual learner. You can teach almost any skill using iModeling including literacy skills, compliment giving, play skills, turn-taking, fitness skills, conversation skills and day-to-day life skills.
Research behind iModeling shows that:
• Video Modeling can teach social skills to people with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other disabilities.
• People can retain the skills taught .
• They can utilise them in other settings, such as home and school.
• People most likely to respond to Video Modeling are those who enjoy being filmed, or who like watching themselves or others on film.
• Video Modeling generally has been shown to have success for children, teenagers and adults.
The iModeling app is designed for making videos anytime, anywhere. Just record your own footage (or use existing footage on your camera roll) and edit the footage. Then, follow the 5 easy steps to create your own video model:
1. Create a title.
2. Record and edit your footage.
3. Add a reward image for watching the video model.
4. Assign the video model to a specific child account.
5. Review and save your video model, ready to use.
More information can be accessed at www.imodelingapp.com
The iModeling Project is funded by two grants from the Telstra Foundation over six years.
iModeling is on Facebook and Twitter - @imodelingapp
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple to use - Very limited editing functionality
Information on video self modeling and format of simple steps makes this an easy to use app. Options for editing are very limited and difficult to use (perhaps only on iPhone 4) audio cannot be edited or omitted. Videos could be kept within a website link with app data freed up being better used to include additional editing capabilities.
what I have been looking for
Easy to use at home - great to teach skills to my child quickly. No other app like it at the moment. Lots of info built in and if you make a mistake you can always go back and fix it.
On ipad looks good. Amazing potential.
Initiallt not working on my iphone 3GS - cos too many apps open. Once they were closed "voila!". This app can be used not just for ASD.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.