Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favourite moments, create beautiful movies and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — directly in the Photos app.
Make every video more memorable
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips directly in the Photos app
• Add a video filter, animated title and soundtrack to any clip
• Instantly save new video clips to your photo library
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favourite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow-motion, fast-forward, picture-in-picture and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
• Send any project to your computer via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie for Mac
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60**
• Share directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop***
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV****
*2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display and later devices.
**4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro.
***AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation) and later devices.
****AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
• Create and share movies at 4K resolution on iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.1*
• Fixes an issue that could prevent users from creating new trailers in some languages
• Resolves issues importing and removing projects from iCloud Drive
• Addresses interface issues that could appear in some right-to-left languages
• Addresses interface issues that could appear in iMovie extension for Photos
• Performance and stability improvements
* iMovie supports 4K on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro
Potential is there, but still awful
I would highly recommend another video editing application! Although iMovie may be capable for slapping together a couple of videos, and has potential to be great, it's honestly way too glitchy. Without fail, any and every video I make will crash at some point in time. Other issues include: deleting previous steps of editing during multitasking, black screen, audio resetting without even touching anything, when increasing audio volume the audio spasms out randomly, manipulation of audio volume is extremely difficult and inaccurate, and sometimes playback of video will be out of time affecting the whole video. These are only some that were off the top of my head. AND I tend to only make short <10 second edits! Developers please be aware of our feedback and try to fix these issues because it's quite a joke!
Spur of the Moment Movie Maker
The advantage of the portable version of iMovie is to make movies at any moment, the advantage of the computer version is to make more detailed creations. On both editions trailers help make movie creation easy for beginners. More trailer themes should be added in the future. 4K support should be extended to iPad Air because it is still a recent release. The old icon and interface were more enjoyable because they had a nice cinematic hollywood look to them. Recent changes are only okay. The 1080p export video option is great. iMovie offers a fun and easy movie creator but lacks a serious effort.
iMovie is one of the only editing softwares I know how to use, but there's one problem. It has been available for about 4 years now, and it's still got more bugs then it did in the beta. The app will randomly crash my iPad at times, it will take the music that is in sync and rewind it back, the video might go black at times, at times it removes the ability to play the video, voice record, video tape, etc. and there is plenty more glitches. Please update, because I have stuck with this app for a good 2 years now, but I can always use Final Cut Pro.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 22 October 2015
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 647 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2013-2015 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.