Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favourite moments, create beautiful movies and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — directly in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favourite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Use 3D Touch on iPhone 6s to quickly start a new project from the Home Screen or Peek at a movie from the Projects browser
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow-motion, fast-forward, picture-in-picture and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
•Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips right in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your computer via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie for Mac
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud, including Apple TV*****
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60**
• Share directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop***
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV****
*2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display and later devices.
**4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro.
***AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation) and later devices.
****AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
***** To view iMovie Theater on Apple TV (4th Generation), you must download the iMovie Theater app from the App Store.
What's New in Version 2.2.3
• Start projects quickly by selecting multiple photos and videos
• Share to Facebook and Vimeo using the standard iOS share interface
• Support for Shared iPad in iOS 9.3 or later
• Stability and performance improvements
Much used, but glitchy
This app is great, especially since it's free, and I use it all the time. However, it has always been really glitchy. Right now, on the iPad version (I'm using an iPad Pro), it's frequently the case that after I've made very fine edits lining up clips of audio with clips of video, when different clips are at different speeds, everything will suddenly shift out of alignment at some point during the work. The clips that are at different speeds will ever-so-slightly change their precise end times, causing everything to stagger at the joins during playback, and all of the audio will suddenly shift to the wrong places, meaning that I have to go through and do all of that painstaking work again. If this issue could be fixed it would be greatly appreciated.
iMovie is a amazing app!! I have tried to find a video editing app that I could use for almost everything and I finally found it!
But there is a problem...when I put music to it from my camera roll it is all perfect but hen when I save the video to my camera roll when i watch the vid on the screen you go onto with the editing button, name and video the sound is all glitchy!! Same as when I look at it in my camera roll!! I only make the edits for my social media and to send to friends etc so I can't really do anything about it! Overall it's a good app but if you just fixed this glitch it'd be perfect - p.s; I have restarted my phone multiple times, delete the sound and put it in again and done the same with other videos :(
I love this app so much, it's perfect for editing and is very quick and easy. But, it can be glitchy. At times when I export my project, the audio messes up and plays at different times and overlaps, and one resent problem I've been having is sometimes when I try to go into it, it keeps crashing. I've tried resetting my iPad, closing it off, turning off and on my iPad, but nothing works, and every time I try to go into it it takes me to the home screen, and I'm forced to uninstall and reinstall it, and deleting all my projects I've been working on. If you could fix these problems that would be amazing c:
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 28 July 2016
- Version: 2.2.3
- Size: 697 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2013-2016 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.