This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favourite moments, create beautiful movies and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — directly in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favourite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Use 3D Touch on iPhone 6s to quickly start a new project from the Home Screen or Peek at a movie from the Projects browser
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow-motion, fast-forward, picture-in-picture and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
•Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips right in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your computer via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie for Mac
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud, including Apple TV*****
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60**
• Share directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop***
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV****
*2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display and later devices.
**4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro.
***AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation) and later devices.
****AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
***** To view iMovie Theater on Apple TV (4th Generation), you must download the iMovie Theater app from the App Store.
What's New in Version 2.2.4
• Improves compatibility when sharing to YouTube
This app is awesome, I am currently making a lyric video with it but I have a problem. While in the editing mode, if I watch the video and it gets to the end, I suddenly can't tap on anything. I have to get out of the app, get back into it, then it kicks me out of it again, then I have to get into it, then it works. It's annoying and it'd be a great app if not for that issue. That's the only issue I've come across so far!
I've been using the app for years and it's always worked until today I've been trying to edit short video. The audio sometimes won't play for no reason and the video will freeze while I'm editing and it's driving me insane. The only thing that fixes it is closing the app and opening it again, which is slowing down the whole editing process so lease fix this
Glitching so bad
I was trying to add a recording to a photo graph so I can describe what was in the image and the sound on the clip before went away and It just kept glitching and lagging also if I want to add music to one clip you have to cut the bit out and when you do that it's puts the music at the start so you have to put it the whole way through cut out the bit for the clip and turn the volume down on the bits where you don't want music THIS APP IS NOW TERRIBLE
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 05 September 2017
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 699 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2013-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.