One of the world's most popular nature apps, iNaturalist helps you identify the plants and animals around you. Get connected with a community of over 400,000 scientists and naturalists who can help you learn more about nature! What's more, by recording and sharing your observations, you'll create research quality data for scientists working to better understand and protect nature. iNaturalist is a joint initiative by the California Academy of Sciences and the National Geographic Society
• Discover species new to you both near and far
• Record your own observations and share them with the community
• Receive suggestions and crowdsourced identifications of what you've seen
• Discuss and help others identify what they've seen
• Follow projects comprised of smaller communities and fellow citizen scientists passionate about a particular place and/or species
updated UI for umbrella and collection projects
Ratings and Reviews
INaturalist is bye far the best wildlife social network app I find it so cool how other people can help you find out what species your looking at
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS APP AND ITS FREEE
It would be great if it worked!
Took several repeat pictures of a caterpillar. OK it gave the moth or butterfly once or twice but also suggested it may be a squirrel of some type! Really? One to delete. Maybe not for Australia as we all know the world ends on the shores of the USA.
Great app and just made hiking much more interesting and fun!
- iNaturalist, LLC
- 38.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 iNaturalist, California Academy of Sciences
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.