Your email inbox should help you live and work better, but instead, it often buries the important stuff and creates more stress than it relieves. Inbox, built by the Gmail team, keeps things organised and helps you get back to what matters.
• HIGHLIGHTS - Get the most important information without even opening the message. Check in for flights, see delivery information for purchases and view photos from friends straight away.
• BUNDLES – Similar messages are bundled together so you can deal with them all at once. And get rid of them with one swipe.
• REMINDERS – More than email, you can add Reminders so that your inbox contains everything that you need to get back to.
• SNOOZE – Snooze emails and Reminders to come back when you're ready to deal with them: next week, when you get home or whenever you choose.
• SEARCH – Inbox helps you find exactly what you’re looking for – from your upcoming flight to a friend's address – without having to dig through messages.
• WORKS WITH GMAIL – Inbox is built by the Gmail team, so all of your messages from Gmail are here, together with the reliability and spam protection of Gmail. All of your messages are still in Gmail and always will be.
This release provides iPad fixes, so you can pick and choose snooze times that work best for you.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s not that great
I don’t understand why emails are bundled under finance etc when there is only one email. You can’t bundle one email. I hate that I always have a badge number even when I’ve gone through and checked all my email. I really hate that when I search, I get a list of “top” searches, as if gmail has a better idea of what I’m looking for than I do. When I search, I want a list of every email that fits that search term in a list with the most recent at the top. Not something from four months ago at the top because you think that’s more relevant. I want to be able to select a date that I snooze too, eg I prefer to snooze all of my bills until payday so I have them all come up on the day that I’m paying them. I haven’t found a way to do this and when I did once click “snooze until someday” thinking I could choose the day, that email disappeared and I’ve never seen it again. It is also a lot slower than other email apps (but nowhere near as slow as inbox on a desktop!)
Redefining your email experience
Inbox is a great way to rethink how you deal with your email inbox on a daily basis. The work it does for you bundling your emails can save you so much time and effort when it comes to keeping things neat.
The adaptation may take some time as we’re used to a linear inbox, this App is not about your latest emails only. It is about your entire Inbox - all your emails organised and bundled by importance or topic. Ah, and if you want to, let’s say, receive an email again, just snooze it for whenever you want! Snoozing is GREAT!
It is hard to define it in a word - but, I can’t see myself going back to normal GMail now. Inbox is my way forward when it comes to email!
A fantastic way for organising yourself and keeping on top of important emails
If email is your primary source of activities, home and work tasks - Inbox can play a critical role in keeping things organised.
Really like the functionality of bundling like topics together, it makes things easy to deal with in bulk. Pinning important emails to the top so they’re not lost amongst the rest and setting a reminder on an email for later are features that every email client/service should have.
Far more functionality than the normal Gmail app, with Inbox I feel like I can keep getting things done.
Suggestion: it would be great to see iPhone X screen support in a future update. For iPad and iPad Pro, the option for a persistent side navigation bar would also be greatly appreciated for quicker access to topics/folders.
- Google LLC
- 261.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.