* Apps of the Year Winner - TIME magazine *
* Happiest App in the World - Tristan Harris *
* Featuring top Australian meditation teachers including Melissa Ambrosini, Ajahn Achalo, Kate James, Meg James, Manoj Dias, Dr Elise Bialylew, The Stillpoint and more *
The #1 free meditation app. Join millions learning to meditate on Insight Timer to help calm the mind, reduce anxiety, manage stress, sleep deeply and improve happiness. Guided meditations and talks led by the world’s top mindfulness experts, neuroscientists, psychologists and meditation teachers from Stanford, Harvard, Dartmouth and the University of Oxford. Music tracks from world-renowned artists.
With 10+ new free guided meditations added daily, more meditation is practiced on Insight Timer than anywhere else. Great for both beginners and experienced practitioners.
* Thousands of guided meditations
* Select by time for short meditations when on the go, helping you to build a simple daily habit
* Thousands of music tracks and ambient sounds to calm the mind, focus, sleep better and relax
* The world's most popular meditation Timer
* Follow your favourite teachers
* Thousands of discussion groups and community features
* Stats and milestones for tracking your progress
* Integration with Apple Health Mindful Minutes
Browse and follow popular topics including:
* Sleep deeply right now
* Improve sleep quality
* Dealing with Anxiety and Reducing Stress
* Getting through Recovery and Addictions
* Self-love and Compassion
* Focus and Concentration
* Better Relationships
* Meditation for Kids
* Mindful Eating
* And much more..
Join leading meditation teachers and musicians including:
* Tara Brach, Ph.D, founder of Insight Meditation Community of Washington
* Mark Williams, Emeritus Professor at Oxford University
* Jack Kornfield, Dartmouth, co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society alongside fellow Insight Timer teachers Sharon Salzberg, and Joseph Goldstein of Columbia
* Sam Harris, Stanford; author, philosopher, neuroscientist, and podcast host
* Gil Fronsdal, Ph.D. at Stanford University
* Ram Das aka Dr Richard Alpert, Doctorate at Stanford and Harvard University teacher
* Sadhguru, Indian yogi, founder of non-profit Isha Foundation
* Mooji, disciple of Papaji, and devotee of the master Ramana Maharshi
* Moby, international recording artist, DJ, record producer, singer, songwriter
* As well as Sarah Blondin, Mary Maddux, Ajahn Achalo, Melissa Ambrosini, Bodhipaksa, Jonathan Lehmann, Jennifer Piercy, Bethany Auriel-Hagan, Kate James and many more..
Practice the following meditation types:
* Secular Mindfulness
* Buddhist Mindfulness
* Insight Meditation
* Walking Meditation
* Breathing Meditation
* Kundalini Yoga
* Advaita Vedanta
* And many more..
Join community groups for:
* Meetups in Sydney, and throughout Australia
* Transcendental Meditation
* And many more..
PAID FEATURE - INSIGHT PREMIUM MEDITATION
We have one optional in-app subscription.
* Listen offline (download guided meditations to your device)
* Repeat mode
* Fast forward and Rewind
* Pick-up where you left off
* High Quality audio
The subscription is available monthly for US$4.99/month, or annually for US$35.99/year. Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, and will automatically renew at the end of each term unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings, but refunds will not be provided for unused portions of the term. Prices and currency will vary by location. The subscription will renew at the same cost.
If you have any questions please send an email email@example.com (not .com).
Terms and Conditions - https://insighttimer.com/terms
Insight Timer is now live in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, French and Dutch. And for those multi-linguists amongst you, we have created multi-lingual mode where you can add up to 5 content languages.
We have also simplified the topic browsing experience to make it easier to find guided meditations aligned to your interests, including a new advanced filter.
Bug fixes for the new Apple Watch app and Insight Donations.
Ratings and Reviews
Best meditation App by far...
I see three facets to this app that are useful in their own right: 1. thousands of guided meditations, where a practitioner talks you through the practice (particularly useful for beginners), and these are in lengths ranging from one minute to hours (so beginners can start with short periods and progress to longer meditations as they are ready), have varied backgrounds and are delivered by a range of practitioners...you are bound to find some you enjoy. 2. The timer option is highly customisable so you can set the duration, background, and even interval bells/reminders. 3. The data/stats element is terrific for keeping you motivated and ‘honest’, a terrific feature that allows you to track your meditation practice if you want to - this feature, in combination with the timer function, also works offline and the app will automatically update your data when it is next online! Superb, for instance, when on a cruise and you have no internet access but want to maintain your ‘record’. I cannot recommend this app enough. It has meant that I now meditate daily, with significant positive impact on my life, health and well-being. Thank you for making this and keeping it free. 👏
Previous reviewers have said a lot about the useful features of this app and I therefore won’t repeat those thoughts. I personally use three features: the actual timer, the stats and reward part and the social networking feature. All of them are great. The timer works well and is flexible enough to be adapted to my personal needs. The rewards (not compulsory) are a fantastic motivator to meditate regularly and the social feature (not compulsory either) is gentle and not in your face like Facebook for example. The only slightly negative comment I like to make is about the user interface which I find a bit awkward and slightly confusing in its design. But that’s a minor point; if it would be more elegant and simple I’d give the app 5/5. Recent changes made to the first screen that comes up after a timed session might be a good start for some redesign. Finally: the app is free and the developers have decided to keep it this way unless you choose some enhancements. Good compromise. Overall: I’m very happy with the app!
I am SO grateful that my friend introduced me to this app. I have tried numerous times to meditate daily but I always fall off the bandwagon after a few days. This app has changed everything for me and I love how it tracks my practice which gives me the incentive to keep going. I love how it records milestones and achievements, I'm up to 16 consecutive days now and I'm committing to 365 days. It's great how I can also connect with like minded souls, locally and globally, who are meditating at the same time as me. I use the timer and also the "Live Awake" guided meditations by Sarah Blondin. Her voice is incredibly healing and has me in tears most days because she speaks right to my heart, it's beautiful and very powerful. Best app I've downloaded in a long time!
- Insight Network Inc
- 175.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Insight Network, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Insight Premium Meditation $7.49
- Meditation Course: Single Use $7.99
- Meditation Course: Multi Use $30.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.