Insight Timer - Meditation Timer
By Insight Network Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Insight Timer is the highest rated free meditation app on the App Store. More than 950,000 meditators call Insight Timer home.
With beautiful Tibetan singing bowls and a dynamic worldwide community, Insight Timer is the fun and connected way to support your meditation practice. If you're new to meditation you'll find more than 2,000 free guided meditations and a supportive community to get started. If you're an experienced meditator you'll feel right at home with our beautiful Tibetan singing bowls and guided meditations by experienced teachers that you know and respect.
The app includes:
- The most popular free meditation Timer on the App Store
- 8 deeply peaceful bells recorded with the highest quality digital audio equipment making them crystal clear with extra long fade outs.
- Mesmerizing Ambient sounds which play in the background for a more relaxing meditation session
- 2,000 guided meditations from your favourite teachers including Eckhart Tolle, Pak Merta Ada, Thich Nhat Hanh, Tara Brach, Jack Kornfield and many more.
- 1,000+ discussion groups ranging from Buddhism to Sleeping patterns and Rumi poems to Addiction.
- 2,000+ local meet-up groups for connecting with people locally and enhancing your meditation practice
- 8 different activities including Meditation, Yoga, Tai Chi, Walking, Breathing, Chanting, Prayer, and Healing
- Stats, Milestones, and Journal entries
* * * * * * * * * *
Imagine the sound of beautiful Tibetan singing bowls, gently and peacefully guiding you through your meditation session. Your attention focused inward with no need to worry about the clock…
It's simple enough to get started with just a few taps, yet powerful enough to handle the most sophisticated meditation routines with advanced features such as interval bells, presets and a meditation journal.
As an Insight user you're part of a growing worldwide community of more than half a million meditators. You're always meditating with friends; either friends in real life or new friends from around the world.
* * * * * * * * * *
- You'll love our bells! Recorded with the highest quality digital audio equipment, these bell samples are amazing. Crystal clear with extra long fade outs. They sound great with the built-in speaker, but to get the full effect, try using headphones or external speakers.
- Choose from eight different bells of varying size and metal compositions - from bright and clean to deep and complex with lovely overtones. A wood block sound is also included.
- Bells can be configured to ring at the start, the end, and at specified (or random) times during your session. Each bell can be set to ring once, twice or three times. The delay between strikes is configurable from 1 to 20 seconds.
- Powerful logging and statistics features allow you to track your progress over time. Multiple charts, a complete session log and helpful statistics give you a complete picture of how your practice is evolving.
- Presets allow you to save an unlimited number of configurations and assign names to them. If you have multiple meditation routines (such as Morning and Evening), this makes it easy to switch between them without any configuration changes.
- Milestones are awarded for significant achievements as your practice progresses.
- Meditation Journal: You may enter notes about each session when the timer ends - a practice that many people find to be helpful and therapeutic. Your journal entries can be exported via an email attachment.
- Bells will ring even when the device is locked so you can turn off the screen to save power and eliminate ambient light.
- Optionally vibrate with or instead of bells.
- Bells will ring even if silent switch is on.
What's New in Version 12.2.7
This release contains stability and minor UI layout improvements including:
- Back button in Groups now remembers your previous scroll position.
- New Stream tab in groups for scanning all posts in the one spot.
- Enhanced management tools for Group administrators.
- Removed duplicate photos in “Thanks for meditating” screen.
- Small fixes and UI improvements.
My favourite app ever!
I love this app!! It supports my meditation practice and has so many resources including a playlist of guided meditations, talks and visualisations. You can join groups, be inspired and connect in a positive environment with meditators world wide. Thank you keepers and creators of Insight Timer. Namaste 🙏🏼🍃
Excellent app. Christopher & crew do a wonderful job tweaking this app within everyone's "wants".
Very supportive and encouraging. They're doing their bit to aid us, in making this world a better place. Many thanks from us all. :)
Fabulous for beginners
This app is excellent for beginners. I have started using it via the guided meditations and am building to using the timers to do my own. Being able to bookmark your favourites to come back to is great.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 08 July 2016
- Version: 12.2.7
- Size: 62.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Insight Network Inc
- © Insight Network, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bell collection$4.49
- Calm collection$2.99
- Inspire collection$2.99