Insight Timer - Meditation Timer
By Insight Network Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With beautiful Tibetan singing bowls and a dynamic worldwide meditation community, Insight Timer is the fun, connected way to support your meditation practice.
Now with free guided meditations by your favorite teachers: Eckhart Tolle, Thich Nhat Hanh, Tara Brach, Jack Kornfield, Jon Kabat-Zinn and many more.
If you're new to meditation, you'll find introductory guided mediations and a supportive community to help you get started.
If you're an experienced meditator, you'll feel right at home with our beautiful Tibetan singing bowls and guided meditations by experienced teachers that you know and respect.
* * * * * * * * * *
Imagine the sound of beautiful Tibetan singing bowls, gently and peacefully guiding you through your meditation session. Your attention focused inward with no need to worry about the clock…
Insight Timer gives you this and much more. It's simple enough to get started with just a few taps, yet powerful enough to handle the most sophisticated meditation routines with advanced features such as interval bells, presets and a meditation journal.
With Insight Connect, you're part of a growing worldwide meditation community. You're always meditating with friends - friends you know in real life, or new friends from around the world.
* * * * * * * * * *
- You'll love our bells! Recorded with the highest quality digital audio equipment, these bell samples are amazing. Crystal clear with extra long fade outs. They sound great with the built-in speaker, but to get the full effect, try using headphones or external speakers.
- Choose from eight different bells of varying size and metal compositions - from bright and clean to deep and complex with lovely overtones. A wood block sound is also included.
- Bells can be configured to ring at the start, the end, and at specified (or random) times during your session. Each bell can be set to ring once, twice or three times. The delay between strikes is configurable from 1 to 20 seconds.
- Powerful logging and statistics features allow you to track your progress over time. Multiple charts, a complete session log and helpful statistics give you a complete picture of how your practice is evolving.
- Presets allow you to save an unlimited number of configurations and assign names to them. If you have multiple meditation routines (such as Morning and Evening), this makes it easy to switch between them without any configuration changes.
- Insight Connect milestones are awarded for significant achievements as your practice progresses.
- You may set a background image from your own photo album. While the timer is running, your image is shown full screen. Optionally, the time display and controls can be hidden so that they are shown only when the image is tapped.
- Meditation Journal: You may enter notes about each session when the timer ends - a practice that many people find to be helpful and therapeutic. Your journal entries can be exported via an email attachment. Journal access may be password protected to ensure privacy.
- Insight Timer will run in the background. You can start the timer, then run other apps and the bells will continue to ring. When the timer is finished, a message will pop up to alert you.
- Pause and resume your timer session.
- Bells will ring even when the device is locked so you can turn off the screen to save power and eliminate ambient light.
- Optionally vibrate with or instead of bells.
- Bells will ring even if silent switch is on.
You can watch a demo video here:
What's New in Version 12.1.3
+ Performance Improvements
+ Bug Fixes
Would you consider making a non-phone alarm clock??
I enjoy the meditation timer & alarm clock very much, and am really grateful for both :)
Would you consider making an alarm clock that doesn't tick or glow & wakes us to the beautiful bowls, without needing to keep the phone by the bed - ie. a physical clock type thing unrelated to digital phone technology?
I think it would be really popular if you told everyone here about it!
With love, ally.
Simple and unpretentious - as it should be
This app has nice simple functionality that suits its purpose very well. Personally, I just use the timer and occasionally the journal, but I can see the attraction of the sangha idea. I've tested other meditation apps but most seem to try to lure you into spending money, which always turns me off them. I recommend this to anyone looking for a straightforward timer that is easy to use, sounds lovely, and which seems to fit the spirit of the dharma.
Best meditation timer
I use this every day for meditation. It's so simple to use, and easy to create a varied set of timers of different lengths to suit your changing daily needs. The sounds are really beautiful and unobtrusive. Different gongs at different points in the meditation help to determine what stage or technique to move into. I've used it for my yoga practice too, and music practice, and whilst yoga teaching. It's the best on the market
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 07 December 2014
- Version: 12.1.3
- Size: 38.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Insight Network Inc
- © Insight Network Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Upgrade$3.79
- Gong HanChi$1.29