By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 400 million people and express yourself by sharing photos and videos from your day––whether it’s your morning routine or the trip of a lifetime.
Use Instagram to:
• Edit and share photos with filters and creative tools to change brightness, contrast and saturation, as well as shadows, highlights, perspective and more.
• Make your videos look cinematic with filters, custom-built stabilization and tools to combine multiple clips into one video.
• Discover photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts in the Explore tab.
• Send private messages, photos, videos and posts from your feed directly to friends with Instagram Direct.
• Instantly share photos and videos on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and other social networks.
• Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 8.1
We have a new look! Our updated icon stays true to the camera and rainbow. The simpler app design puts the focus on your posts and keeps your features in the same place.
It needs improvement
This app is still a decent one in my opinion even though I am not big on the logo, or the bland design. I am having a few issues.
1. Sometimes my hashtags do not work. I know this because only my followers will like it, when otherwise other people would like it too.
2. I have 2 accounts. I am constantly getting logged out of them telling me that the account owner has probably changed the password. I am the account owner. It's frustrating having to log in again and again.
3. If I get a direct message on one of my accounts, when I go go check it it will fail loading. It ends up being that it is trying to check the message through the wrong account.
4. Having multiple accounts seems buggy in general. I will click on a notification, yet it will fail loading because it chose the wrong account to see it in.
5. Spam comments on my pictures are getting very frustrating. Constantly having to delete them.
I like the update!
Though I may be one of few, I do! I even like the new app logo, I think it looks more sleek and simplistic. Though the other logo is the classic logo that springs to mind when you think Instagram, I like that Instagram is evolving, and with the years, the look has evolved to; I don't think that's a bad thing! The new layout does take a bit of getting used to. Overall I do like the update, and I'm glad Instagram is changing!
Disappointing lack of new features
With the removal of third party feed viewing apps just around the corner I had hoped that any update to the official app released around this time would include new features like full iPad support or at the very least the ability to view multiple pictures in your feed in a 3x3 grid that are a staple in those other apps. Instead we get different textures on the same old UI. Joy.
My life expectancy of using Instagram is rapidly diminishing if I have to scroll through every picture plus it's description and comments one at a time. I guess it could work if I only followed 6 people though...
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 23 May 2016
- Version: 8.1
- Size: 28.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.