Intro to Letters will help your child learn to trace, read, write, and record letter sounds, names, and phonograms in English! Based on the proven methodology of Montessori.
"Minimalist yet engaging, the sleekly designed app makes self-directed learning what it should be: Fun, simple, yet effective." - Maria Popova
YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN:
• Basic foundations of language
• To read, write and understand English letters from A-Z
• Lowercase letter symbols and their sounds (phonics)
• Capital letters - letter names, writing and pronunciation
• Phonograms - writing and pronunciation
• Consonants and vowels
• Fine motor skills
Intro to Letters includes the following activities:
• LETTER SOUNDS (Lowercase Letters)
The first activity places an emphasis on phonetics instead of letter sounds. Your child will learn the sounds of the letters through a series of guided, interactive exercises.
Similar to the letter sounds, your child will work through the sounds of phonograms and unite them with their symbols.
Connect the sounds of the lowercase letters with their uppercase counterparts.
• LETTER NAMES (Capital Letters)
The objective of this activity is to acquire a knowledge of the names and symbols of the capital letters.
A special recording section to help your child learn sounds, phonograms and names.
• PRACTICE MODE - This section allows kids to practice specific letters or phonograms. A new toggle feature allows the user to isolate their tracing paths.
• ADDITIONAL FEATURES:
Recording Studio: Adults can record their own pronunciations of letter sounds and names to use throughout the app so children learn from a voice they love. Follow the instructions in the Parent Portal to get started.
Integrated Kids Library: Swiping the home screen will reveal all Montessorium apps on the user’s device. Tap an app icon to switch to a different activity.
Integrated Parent Portal: We’ve added several tools to help adults access information. With “Journal”, adults can stay up to date with Montessorium news and read posts on education, design, and technology.
Intro to Letters is a universal app for use on the iPad and iPhone. Please note, the Recording Studio functionality will not work on the iPod Touch.
Concept and design by Montessorium. Development of Intro to Letters 3.0 by Ymedia Labs.
We would love to hear from you.
Find us on Twitter & Facebook!
Updated for iPhoneX.
Ratings and Reviews
Sound only worked for 2mins, crashed and cannot get it to work properly now. Would be beneficial to include the actual alphabet as well as phonics, confusing as heck for a small child. Enormous waste of $7 considering the app was only useable for 2 minutes 😒
Intro to Letters
We've only had this app a day but it looks really great. My child keeps going back to it and loves tracing the sandpaper letters (parents might want to turn the rasping sound lower). With 5 levels of complexity to go through, this one should keep us going for a good long while. It is one they will more dip into again and again as they are ready for the more complex structures rather than a game which might be played for longer in one session.
It is brilliant!!!! My 3 year old loves and has become really good at it! And he also goes to montessori so this really compliments the way they learn! I just love the look on his face when he gets it right!!! Worth it! Get it if you have children who are beginning to say their abc love it
- Montessorium, LLC
- 41.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Montessorium, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.