Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iPhoto lets you do more than you ever thought possible with your photos, with easy ways to find, sort, and rediscover your favorite shots. Simple but powerful editing tools let you turn good photos into magnificent ones. Share directly to Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, and Messages. iPhoto also works with iCloud, so the photos you take on your iOS devices automatically appear in iPhoto, and you can share selected photos and videos with family and friends using iCloud Photo Sharing. You can even create professional-quality photo books, calendars and letterpress cards quickly and easily.
iCloud Photo Sharing
• Post photos and videos to other people’s shared photo streams, or create your own streams to share with friends and family
• View and add comments and likes to photos and videos in any shared stream
• My Photo Stream lets you view and automatically import recent photos taken on your iOS devices
• Automatically send newly-imported photos to all your iOS devices using My Photo Stream
• Post to your Timeline or a Facebook photo album and add a comment
• View friends’ photo comments right in iPhoto and post a comment back
• Support for multiple Facebook accounts
Custom Photo Email
• Ten Apple-designed themes
• Support for all popular email services
• Attach photos with one click
• Email sharing history
• Twelve themes including Holiday Mobile, Reflections, and Places
• Places slideshow theme uses location data in your photos
• Themes include instantly recognizable music
• Export directly to iTunes for syncing
Beautiful photo books
• Dynamic, carousel-based theme browser
• Theme preview with your photos
• Change book type, size and color with a click
• Page layouts include two-page, full-bleed spreads, perfect for panoramas
• Beautiful debossed designs imprinted on premium paper
• 31 themes complete with matching envelopes
• Personalize with your photos and text
• Available for a variety of occasions including births, weddings, and the holidays
• Unified photo library for both iPhoto and Aperture (v. 3.3 or later) allows you to easily switch between apps
• Events, Faces, Places, albums and web sharing work across both applications
iPhoto print products are available in the U.S., Canada, Japan, and select countries in Europe and Asia Pacific.
Some features and third-party services require Internet access and iCloud; additional fees and terms may apply. iCloud is available to persons age 13 or older.
Third-party services may not be available in all languages or in all countries. Use of these services requires Internet access and may require you to accept additional terms.
What's New in Version 9.5.1
• Fixes an issue that could cause print previews to render incorrectly
• Includes stability and performance improvements
Some good, mostly bad
I fail to understand why Apple, the supposed graphics gods, can’t make this programme at least as good as Google’s Picasa? Why is it in Picasa I can decide on the paramaters of facial recognition, but in iPhoto I have to identify 5,000 faces because it sees one person’s face in 500 different ways? It says it sorts them by date, but it doesn’t. Picasa does. Don’t even get me started on the Places concept.
I love Mac and Apple products, a die-hard fan, but I have to say that of late Apple has been doing a very poor job of looking after its devoted followers with offerings like this, and when a company that’s core focus is a search engine can create a better photo/gallery app than a computer giant who specialises in graphics, then it’s time for a few people to start looking at themselves and exactly what it is their offering.
Why is it?
Why is it every time there’s an upgrade you lose something that you took for granted in the last version?
I’m trying to link some music to a slide show I’m doing and it won’t play!!!!
This worked great in the last version but now it just doesn’t.
Last time i wanted to link music to something I was doing i had to spend an hour on the phone to apple care and we finally got it working.
Great program but keeps crashing
I love this version - it is very easy to use. However, if I scroll through the photos too quickly (I have the latest Macbook pro retina with 16gb ram with the purpose of photo editing) it crashes. This happens constantly. I really like it otherwise. I hope they create an update that is more stable.
- Category: Photography
- Updated: 11 December 2013
- Version: 9.5.1
- Size: 1.15 GB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2013 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later