iProject for iPad and iPhone is a companion application for iProject for the Mac. iProject makes capturing and managing complex program and project task and deliverable lists easy and iProject for iPad and iPhone allows you to take these lists with you on the run by synching via iCloud or by manually copy files via iTunes.
iProject for the iPad provides nearly identical record creation and editing functions as the Mac version so you can use it as a standalone application, including:
- Create new project files
- Create and edit tasks, deliverables, issues, risks, expenses, time sheets, applications, interfaces, companies and people
- Modify setup parameters including creation of new task and deliverable categories
iProject for the iPhone and iPod currently provide read only access to your project information so you will need the Mac or iPad version to create files.
iProject lists include hierarchical lists, standard lists and parent/child lists to record the following types of program and project information:
- Hierarchical list of tasks and task groups (work breakdown structure)
- Hierarchical list of functional requirements and functional groups to be analysed and/or addressed
by the project (business functions)
- Hierarchical list of business processes and process groups to be analysed, modelled or implemented
- Hierarchical list of project deliverables and deliverable groups (product breakdown structure)
including reports, interfaces, conversions, extensions, forms, workflows and infrastructure
- List of companies and people involved in the project including individual roles and rates (organisation structure)
- Lists of categorised issues and risks
- Lists of implementation expense budgets, commitments and payments
- List of operational costs including labour, hardware and software maintenance
- List and details of timesheets
- Lists of setup parameters such as project roles, status codes, issue and risk categories and financial transaction types and categories.
Start and end dates, durations, resources, rates and responsibilities can be assigned to tasks or deliverables and the status of these tasks and deliverables can be tracked. Data can be imported and exported from the Mac version in different formats for quick and easy data entry and reporting I
Key application features include:
- Unlimited hierarchy of folders and documents
- Visually track status
- Supports the use of formatted text, tables and images (images will not be visible on devices running iOS6)
- Drag and Drop folders and documents to move them (Mac only)
- Copy and Paste between files and to/from other applications (Mac only)
- Keyboard shortcuts to support rapid data entry (Mac only)
- Duplicate individual document and/or entire folder structures (Mac only)
- Export in different formats, including DOC, HTML, RTFD (Mac only)
- Create and edit documents on the Mac or iPad
- View documents on any iOS
- Store documents locally or in iCloud
- Sharing and Text-to-Speech support (Mac only)
A free version, iProjectFree, is available for the Mac and for iOS for you to try before you buy. The free version has some reduced functionality but any files you create using the free version will be 100% compatible with the paid versions of iProject.
- bug fixes
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.