The ISBAR handover tool is an easy memory prompt to guide clinical handover. The application provides examples of the key information conveyed in a variety of handovers whilst also offering the option to create your own. The application is relevant to all clinicians involved in handover. The tool promotes safe clinical handover by providing a standard structure to organise patient information. It should be customised for the clinical context in which it is being used. The tool is intended to be used along with other principles for safe clinical handover.
The application includes:
· 6 examples of the information to be conveyed during handover, for:
1. The patient whose condition is deteriorating
2. Medical patient
3. Surgical patient
4. Obstetrics and Gynaecology patient
5. Paediatric patient
6. Mental Health client
· Option to create your own handovers
· Links with resources to handover material at:
a. NSW Department of Health website
b. SA Department of Health website
c. Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care website
Ratings and Reviews
Does not work in iOS 11
Please update this app ASAP
Love it because it is not an epic.
Need an update for iPhone X users too.
- NSW Ministry of Health
- 786.9 KB
- Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © New South Wales and South Australian Department of Health
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.