By NSW Ministry of Health
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ISBAR handover tool is an easy memory prompt to guide clinical handover. The application provides examples of the key information conveyed in a variety of handovers whilst also offering the option to create your own. The application is relevant to all clinicians involved in handover. The tool promotes safe clinical handover by providing a standard structure to organise patient information. It should be customised for the clinical context in which it is being used. The tool is intended to be used along with other principles for safe clinical handover.
The application includes:
· 6 examples of the information to be conveyed during handover, for:
1. The patient whose condition is deteriorating
2. Medical patient
3. Surgical patient
4. Obstetrics and Gynaecology patient
5. Paediatric patient
6. Mental Health client
· Option to create your own handovers
· Links with resources to handover material at:
a. NSW Department of Health website
b. SA Department of Health website
c. Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care website
I think this is useful. How often is the S ie Specific situation or question left until last after a load of detail that is only useful when you know the question being presented?
I don't really understand why they made this app, but I guess it delivers exactly what it promises
- Category: Medical
- Released: 22 September 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NSW Ministry of Health
- © New South Wales and South Australian Department of Health
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.