iSSH - SSH / VNC Console
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A full-featured SSH and Telnet emulator of VT100, VT102, VT220, ANSI, and xterm terminals integrated with a tunneled VNC client, RDP client and an X server.
Secure, powerful, intuitive, configurable and complete are a few words used to describe iSSH. A universal app for both the iPhone and the iPad, hands down iSSH is the best ssh client available. iSSH is the only app with agent forwarding, tunneling and an X11 server available within the app.
Featured in Apple's preferred list of iOS apps for Mobile IT.
iSSH received a perfect score as reviewed by Macworld and is featured in both their "Highest Rated Business" and "Essential Business" categories.
"Sure, I lived for years without an iPad with iSSH on it, but can you really call that living? No." -- Twitter User
• Multitasking support - can hold connections open for up to 10 minutes
• TextExpander support for quick access in the terminal
• Arbitrary port tunneling through SSH
• Tunneled VNC client (or unencrypted using a "raw" connection)
• Tunneled RDP client
• Tunneled X server
• SSH, telnet, VNC and RDP all work via EDGE, WiFi and 3G
• Multiple simultaneous connections
• Nearly every encoding supported
• Per-server reachability notification
• Features a VGA BBS ANSI compatible font
• Portrait and landscape mode
• Adaptable terminal size, fixed to 80x24, or user configurable on iPad. All with exhaustive scroll-back
• Exhaustive key configuration support. Has arrow keys (by pop-up or by toolbar). ctrl, alt, esc, tab, shift, Fn keys (1-10), ` key, PgUp, PgDown and for those keys not listed provides multiple means to add them.
• Store any number of connections and configurations and organize them into groups
• Securely import and export configurations between many devices
• Command execution on connection
• Optional keyboard transparency
• Completely customizable keyboard, from Dvorak to rare international keyboards
• Four (six on iPad) selectable monospaced fonts
• RSA and DSA key generation and exchange via email, password-connected SSH or pasteboard
• Can support "uninterrupted" connections via GNU Screen and the command option.
• Transfers public keys automatically
• Optional DWM window manager for X server
• ssh-agent support
• Agent forwarding
• Bluetooth keyboard support for arrow keys, function keys and a remapping of the ctrl key through option key mapping in either X11/VNC server or terminal. When enabled, an Option+key press maps to equivalent Ctrl+key press.
iSSH is effectively several clients in one, containing functionality for ssh/telnet/raw connections, an X11 server, VNC tunneling as well as RDP tunneling. iSSH supports multiple, simultaneous connections with more complete terminal compatibility, more configurable macro and key options and a more intuitive UI than any other other SSH client in the App Store.
For those who may experience issues VNCing into 10.7 systems, please enable "VNC to Mac" in the connection configuration.
What's New in Version 5.7.1
* Bug fixes
Does the job well
I’m impressed with this app. Well thought out design and reasonably stable (bear in mind I only use it for ssh). One of the often unmentioned features I found unique, is the background notification function - which will send out a message (to the iOS device) to remind the user that session expiry is near. Some others have complained about connection problems, but that certainly is no issue in this update. I just hope the developer will bring out updates more often (there appeared to be only two in 2013). Noticed a few bug when using this app, but nothing major. For example, once you back out of an active ssh session, a screen will show that displays a summary - the back button displayed does not work here, but a simple left-to-right swipe does the equivalent. Also if I set keyboard to anything other than 0% transparent (full visibility) mode, then try to activate it with the keyboard icon (top left) in an active session, the keyboard would flicker but never display properly. Again, this is not an issue for me as I prefer to display the keyboard at all times. But something the developer could surely work on in a 2014 update.
Does what it promises
I like this program, and has come in very handy a number of times. The area where it falls down for me is that it doesn't seem to like input from my bluetooth keyboard, which is a bit of a deal breaker. Because iOS actually removes the on-screen keyboard, I am left with no input method, except to turn of the keyboard :(
Hopefully it can be looked at for a future release.
Few minor let downs
This app is almost perfect, and is definitely worth the price tag. It has a few problems on iPad mini and unfortunately the developers did not seem at all interested when contacted about these problems, which is why I can not give this a 5 Star review. Hope to see the bugs fixed soon. A good app aside from this though.
- Category: Business
- Updated: 24 October 2013
- Version: 5.7.1
- Size: 8.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dean Beeler
- © Zinger-Soft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Mosh Compatibility$1.29