FIND A JOB WHEREVER YOU ARE
• Find jobs based on industry, location and the times and days you can work.
• Set up job alerts and get them delivered to you automatically.
• Create a career profile you can share with employers.
• Save your resume and cover letter so you can quickly apply when you see a job you like.
• Search the Harvest Trail for fruit and veg picking jobs around Australia.
• Get connected to an employment services provider in your local area.
KNOW WHERE YOU STAND
• Use Your tasks to do list to stay on top of your requirements and keep getting your income support payment.
• Turn on push notifications for activity reminders.
• Record your attendance.
• Submit your job search efforts.
• Upload evidence.
• View your participation history.
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DAY
• View and agree to your Job Plan.
• Book and re-schedule appointments with your provider.
• View and accept internship agreements.
• Get notified about the latest news and programs you are eligible for.
• Do the Career Quiz to find out what job suits your personality.
The jobactive Job Seeker app is funded and operated by the Department of Jobs and Small Business. It is a free service to help Australians find a job.
Contact the job seeker hotline at firstname.lastname@example.org or 13 62 68 if you need help using the jobactive Job Seeker app.
In this version:
Added support for iPhone X.
Minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
Keep track of your compliance status. Your participation indicator shows you where you stand. Your participation history gives you details about your income support payment status, as well as any demerits or penalties.
Your tasks to do
Manage your mutual obligation requirements through the ‘Your tasks to do’ list. Get notified when your activities and events are due. Record your attendance, and see if you have re-engagement requirements to get your income support payment.
Job Search Effort
Expanded job search effort now lets you upload evidence to support your applications and re-engagement requirements.
Ratings and Reviews
I do enjoy the notifications and the tasks to complete section. It is quite a well designed app.
However, recording job search evidence can be a little tricky. I feel sorry for whomever is not technologically savvy for they would struggle and become annoyed quite easily.
For example: I have learnt that if I have the app open for too long and then reopen to record evidence of a job I applied to, I can enter all the information in but once I submit it the app logs me out and I have to re-enter all the info once more. To get around this little glitch I log myself out and in again after I know the app has been open for too long and not been used.
Hi Ames23! Thanks for your feedback about the app. We're glad to hear you find the notifications and tasks to complete sections useful. For security reasons, the app does log out after a period of time. We are working on creating a PIN login to make the process easier, which we hope to roll out by the end of the year. Best of luck with your job search
It's a completely useless app that is targeted and advertised as being an easy way of tracking job efforts however every time you go out of the app and come back it crashes and asks you to log in again as well as when you leave your job search effort, and come back to fill in more jobs, you're sent to a blank screen that won't load properly. Would give a 0 star as it is an utterly useless and broken app but Apple doesn't give 0 stars. Even deleting the app and redownloading makes it worse and you end up restarting job efforts based around an even more broken welfare system that is Centrelink.
Not a good app!!
Ridiculous!! Way to slow, cannot figure out how to do most of the stuff on here as it’s not set up properly. We already do all this on paper, give it to our job agency. What’s left for them to do in their job that we don’t already do? Why does it all have to be online?, where is the face to face contact. Meaning I see this as pointless an a waste of gov time & money to make this app!!! If it was easier to use & actually be able to understand all the BS then yes it might be ok, but when the agency doesn’t even no how to work it, then you no this app has come out way too soon!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.