jobactive Job Seeker
By Department of Employment
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
jobactive Job Seeker is Australia's largest free mobile app for online jobs. It is funded and operated by the Australian Government as a free service to assist job seekers into employment.
Job Seekers can find jobs around them with one tap or can search for jobs by using Geo location, suburb name, post code or a keyword. They can also find employment service providers around them with one tap or by using Geo location or post code. Occupations that suit their work interest can also be identified by directing them to the career quiz app where they can take the quiz.
Everyone is welcome to use jobactive Job Seeker mobile app to search for recruitment opportunities.
Vacancies displayed in the app come from many different sources, including:
• Public Employers
• jobactive Providers
• The Australian Public Service
• The Australian Defence Force
• The Harvest Trail
If you are a registered Job Seeker with jobactive (www//jobsearch.gov.au) or DHS then you can get more functionality in the App such as:
• Access to your personal Dashboard
• Apply online for positions with your career profile, resume and cover letter
• Receive Job Alert, Employer, Work for the Dole and Documentary Evidence request Notifications
• Job seekers can upload documentary evidence after selecting the received notification
• Self-Book and Reschedule Provider Contact appointments
• View and Synchronise your Appointments
• Search for Work for the Dole activities
• Accept and View your Job Plan
• Record and track external jobs
• View your Job Search Effort
• Contact Your Provider
• Share your story to inspire others
What's New in Version 3.0.0
• Re-branded app name and logo
• Remodelled landing page
• Graphics added to the news carousel
• Consolidated Search function: Search for new jobs, jobs near me, harvest labour all integrated into one search.
• Additional fields displayed on jobs list and job details e.g. jobs viewed; external jobs; job age; job expiry
• Additional search criteria for location search.
• User notified when about to exit the app e.g. viewing external jobs
Not as good since update
Looking at jobs and even though they're sorted by "recently added" you can no longer see what date they were added. All you see is the date the posting expires. I'd rather be able to see at a glance if it's new today. A job will keep saying "new" until you click on it. It's not a terrible app but it could do with some fine tuning.
- Category: Business
- Updated: 08 December 2016
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 64.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Department of Employment
- © 2014 Department of Employment
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.