Joystick Mapper is an application that allows you to configure your joysticks or gamepads to simulate keyboard keys/mouse movement/mouse click/mouse scroll, so you can control any app or game using them, even the ones without built-in support.
A very good companion for First Person Shooters, Flash Games, Media Players, for example.
Works great with a variety of gamepads, including (but not limited to) Xbox, Logitech, Ps3, Ps4.
* Use any axis, dpads or buttons on your joystick to simulate keyboard and mouse;
* Map any of the 4 directions from an Analog Stick independently;
* Smooth mouse movement;
* Adjust mouse speed for analog sticks per direction individually, this can help with crappy gamepads;
* Analog Shoulder Triggers can be used as buttons;
* Any "weird" combination you want:
* Button/Dpad/Analog Stick/Analog Trigger --> Keyboard/Mouse/Click/Scroll;
* Ready-to-use examples, easily modifiable;
* Compatible with USB and Bluetooth Joysticks;
* Easy to use interface.
* To map Key-Combinations like Command+Q, just map two or more keys to the same input (in this example, one for Command and another for Q);
* Compatible with controllers that does use the standard HID Joystick interface;
* You may need to install a third party driver for Xbox controllers, you can find links to them in the Support site FAQ;
* If your PS3 gamepad does not respond to any input when connected using USB, just press the central "PS" button once;
* Wireless Xbox 360 Gamepads, sadly, does not use Bluetooth, you may need an adapter in this case. Search on the web for "Microsoft Wireless Gaming Receiver";
* Other similar apps may prevent Joystick Mapper from operating correctly, if you have one and have problems, please disable them before using Joystick Mapper
* If you have problems and need assistance, please visit the support site
Check also the *Joystick Show* application to be able to test any Joysticks/Gamepads in a easy and nice way.
NOTE (November 8, 2016): An update fixing multiple controller support and Stratus' controllers will arrive soon.
* Proper Wireless PlayStation 4 Dual Shock Controller support
* Controllers will connect/disconnect automatically while the app is running now (you can turn off your controller now to save battery or even change to another identical controller ;).
* Bug fixed: Mouse Cursor was Jammed on the corner sometimes when the controller is disconnected
* No lags when connecting/scanning Dual Shock 4 controllers (please tell me if you encounter this problem)
* New Preset Examples for PS4 controllers
* Fixed problems on (dis)connections
Please note that currently available drivers for xbox 360 controllers may not work on OS X Yosemite, If you have problems with that and need a workaround to use your xbox 360 gamepads on Yosemite for now, please visit the support site of Joystick Mapper. A Proper solution will be available soon.
Thank you for using Joystick Mapper :)
Ratings and Reviews
Simple. Stable. Efficient.
Mapping a device is relatively simple and having used Gamepad Companion this seems to be far more stable while matching it’s effectiveness.
I like how you can bring in devices at will into any given setup - I will admit, it took a bit of getting used first time throwing a preset together.
I am very eager to see how this works with CH Gear as I am looking to put together a HOTAS for my space combat games.
So far I am impressed with this app.
Works Perfectly with Xbox 360 Controller!
This app is amazing. I bought it to map my new wired Xbox 360 controller to the buttons on my keyboard and mouse and was not disappointed. This app is easy to use, easy to run, and does it’s job really well. Don’t have any complaints at all :D
I assume it's not me but but i spent quite some time mapping out all the controls to find it wouldn’t work with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. I’m using an X Box 1 controller. I have had a playstation controller working with Black OPS so had high hopes. The content and explanations are great…..just doesn’t work.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.