KetoDiet App the original low-carb app from KetoDietApp.com
KetoDiet is not just about losing weight at any cost; it's about adopting a healthier lifestyle. Apart from reducing your carbohydrate intake, you will learn why it’s important to follow a whole foods based approach and include healthy fat sources like olive oil, fatty fish and pastured meat in your everyday diet.
A healthy low-carb diet is an effective weight loss tool as it will keep your blood sugar level stable and your appetite under control. Apart from fat burning effects, a low-carbohydrate lifestyle can additionally improve health conditions including type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and inflammation, all of which increase the risk of developing heart disease.
The ketogenic diet appears to be useful adjuvant to treatment for health conditions such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, type 2 Diabetes, epilepsy and even some types of cancer.
HOW IS KETODIET BETTER THAN OTHER APPS?
1. No subscription fee. You only pay once and everything is included.
2. Free content added daily including recipes, articles, expert advice and more.
3. Accuracy is crucial for a low-carb diet. For that reason, we don't crowdsource nutritional data. All nutritional data in KetoDiet are based on accurate, verifiable sources, rather than user-generated contributions or other unreliable sources.
4. We keep your data private - KetoDiet is not a free app in exchange for your data.
MORE THAN JUST AN APP...
KetoDietApp.com is one the top low-carb websites. More than two million people visit us every month.
- Thousands have already joined our KetoDiet Challenges to stay motivated while following a healthy low carb diet.
- Facebook support group to help you get started and answer any questions you may have.
WHAT IS KETO?
When you follow a ketogenic diet by reducing your carb intake to less than 50 grams of carbs a day, your body will start producing ketones in the liver. You will enter ketosis and start using fat and ketone bodies as energy source. One of the main benefits of ketosis is its ability to suppress appetite. While your ketone levels will increase, your blood glucose levels and insulin levels will drop, leading to satiety. You will naturally eat less and the number of calories eaten will drop.
KETODIET APP HIGHLIGHTS
KetoDiet includes 300 low-carb, paleo & primal recipes plus over 650 FREE recipes from our integrated keto blog.
- Detailed and accurate nutritional facts
- Optional ingredients offer more flexibility
- Serving size adjustment
- Favorite recipes to quickly find them
- Set you carbohydrate limit and goals
- Built-in Keto calculator to determine your ideal macronutrient intake
- Update your weight, body fat & measurements to track your progress
- Sign up for a free KetoDiet account to sync across multiple devices
Plan your keto meals with our intuitive diet planner. Create your own diet plan with:
- Hundreds of included meals
- Quick 1-ingredient keto snacks
- Your own custom meals
- Restaurant meals
- Branded products with barcode scanning
Track every aspect of your keto diet progress:
- Weight & body fat
- Body stats
- Carbs & other macronutrients
- Water intake
- Mood and energy
- Blood, urine and breath ketones
- Blood glucose
- Blood lipids
KETO DIET GUIDE:
The KetoDiet approach thoroughly explained. Discover the science behind the ketogenic diet, and find out what ketosis is. Learn why this dietary approach works best and what to eat and avoid on a keto diet. All backed up by scientific references.
FREE MEALS AND EXPERT ARTICLES:
Continuous updates from our integrated KetoDiet Blog, including FREE recipes, diet tips, success stories, guides, diet plans and weekly expert articles.
- Create your own ingredients if you cannot find them in our extensive database.
- KetoDiet includes an intuitive shopping basket to help you manage your shopping.
- Quickly switch between units.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
We love updating KetoDiet with new content and features to help you achieve your goals.
You can help us do even more by rating KetoDiet on the AppStore.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Keto/food tracking app I’ve used (and I’ve used them all!)
I love this app. I was hesitant to try it because some of the reviews mentioned ongoing hidden costs but as far as I can tell this is just for some recipes which I don’t intend to use. I am very happy that I’ve just paid a one off fee unlike so many others. It calculates and relies on net carbs unlike others which is awesome. It doesn’t have many Australian barcodes but I like adding them and it’s very easy to add and customise, unlike others. It’s also great that it does the maths for you to set macros depending on your goals. Only suggestion I’d make is that they make more icon categories, ie all dairy (butter, cream, cheese) is symbolised by eggs, so it looks like I’ve eaten about 12 a day when looking at the summary. Would also like to use the shopping list without using the recipes. Would also suggest a slightly more sophisticated app icon. But these are all minor and it’s still 5 stars in my view.
Out of Sync With the rest of the world
Whilst the app good meh ok to use its fiddly and a lot of time is spent setting up your food lists and adding foods in with calculations manually etc.
There are a few technical issue that need to be addressed. Assuming that this app is from good ol’ US of A which it using floz it might just be. Unless it was created in Liberia or Myanmar
1. It is out of sync with the rest of the world time and day. It does not sync with local time. I have to what until at least 10 am before the clock turns over to Actual today or today is still yesterday according to the app. So when doing Keto counts you need to add tomorrow in.
2. It’s scan database is low. Have to use my fitness pal and other apps to scan barcodes get the data and enter it in manually.
3. Gives you the option to change to metric, yet does not allow the adding of millilitre apparently common is in floz. Not in a country that is in metric its not. Catch up US get over to metric i think you are 1 of 3 countries left on imperial.
4. Cannot just scan food into a meal list, can only on the planner. Problem is you then have to delete from your planner if your not eating it.
5. Support teams response to an email is i may not answer your email as i have a busy schedule!! And they don’t answer.
Fix the above for those who paid for the app its only just. And the app could be rated as 5 but as is it stands it gets a 2
Great app, always being improved
First got Keto Diet app about 3.5yrs ago. It was the only app we could find then that had a macro calculator but back then it was only available for iPad so we bought one just to get the $5 app! LOL! The app is constantly improving, definitely quality over quantity. I love that everything is right there, from recipes, serving sizes to meal planning to shopping baskets. The support I received from Martina herself was fantastic with answers within 24-48hrs. A barcode scanner would be great to add accurate data to the database, esp as a lot of Aussie items aren't included (which can be overcome for now by adding a custom food, albeit time consuming).
- Compumaster Ltd
- 149.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Compumaster Ltd 2012-2018
- In-App Purchases
- Extra low-carb edition $2.99
- All-time favorites $2.99
- Busy life $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.