Khan Academy allows you to learn almost anything for free.
In our iPhone app:
- You can learn anything – for free: Over 10,000 videos and explanations at your fingertips in math, science, economics, history, and much, much more
- Sharpen your skills: over 40,000 interactive Common Core aligned practice questions are included with instant feedback and step-by-step hints. Follow along with what you’re learning in school or practice at your own pace
- Quickly find what you need: Redesigned navigation and search make it faster to find what you want
- Keep learning even when you’re offline: Bookmark your favorite content to “Your List” for easy access, and download it to keep learning even when you’re not connected to the internet.
- Pick up where you left off: Your learning syncs between your iPhone and khanacademy.org, so your progress is always up-to-date
In our iPad app, you can also:
- Flex your muscles: the app adjusts to give you interactive exercise recommendations that are tailored just for you through the world of math.
- Show your work: the app harnesses the power of writing down your thoughts as you problem-solve with a beautiful, expansive scratchpad. Once you have your answer, just write it in, and we’ll recognize your handwriting (powered by MyScript)!
Learn using videos, interactive exercises, and in-depth articles in math (arithmetic, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, calculus, linear algebra), science (biology, chemistry, physics), economics, and even the humanities with playlists on art history, civics, finance, and more.
Spend an afternoon brushing up on statistics. Discover how the Krebs cycle works. Learn about the fundamentals of music notation. Prepare for the upcoming SAT, GMAT, or MCAT. Or, if you’re feeling particularly adventurous, learn how fire stick farming changed the landscape of Australia.
It doesn't matter if you are a student, teacher, home-schooler, principal, adult returning to the classroom after 20 years, or a friendly alien just trying to get a leg up in earthly biology—Khan Academy's materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge.
Head over to www.khanacademy.org to learn more."Khan Academy allows you to learn almost anything for free.
Khan Academy has a new logo, which means we’ve also got a shiny new app icon! There are a many new features we’re working on for back-to-school — we’ll have those updates rolling out soon!
Ratings and Reviews
Sharpen your skills with interactive questions and videos.
Am enjoying using this app somewhat, but I keep getting locked into activities and having to terminate the app to get anywhere else. Sometimes the arrow disappears and sometimes it just doesn’t respond, nor does the practice again button when it happens. Also have tried to watch a video from within an activity and the video doesn’t play but the sound does with no way to control it other than to terminate the app. Very frustrating.
I also find that if the app goes offline I have to terminate and reinitiate to bring it online, which seems to be whenever I go out of the app and return to it.
EDIT: uninstalled/reinstalled and the problem seems to have disappeared. I have a new feedback suggestion: the keyboard needs to be swiped in some activities to get to buttons for exponents and such, however you cannot swipe it without pressing a button on the current keyboard. This is difficult to get around and creates a barrier to answering correctly for mobile users. If a button could be added to switch between keyboards, it would fix this :)
If you're still having issues with the app, try a few basics such as uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If the issue persists, please submit a support ticket in our Help Center: http://khan.co/KA-support.
Thank you for your interest in helping to improve Khan Academy!
Good lessons but confusing playlists
The lessons are reasonably spoken and visual, but the playlist order and layout is very confusing.
I watched the videos in order from top to bottom for certain subjects and got to the “intro” videos after 6 videos in. If you play a video it lists related ones below which you might have already seen and also are not in the same order as the previous page.
The courses should be a very linear, structured flow. It should be very clear which order to progress in.
I also completed multiple exercises and once completed it went back to the previous video’s end which tried to load the exercises again. The only way to progress was to go back to the menu and find the next one.
The pacing of the lessons is a bit repetitive and slow, perhaps aimed at children, but not too horrible.
Promising lessons but with a flawed app.
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with the Khan Academy app.
We'd like to hear your feedback in detail in our discussion section on the site where it can be voted and commented on by Khan Academy members in order to think about the experience improvement: khan.co/KA-community.
Thanks for helping us improve Khan Academy!
- Khan Academy
- 178.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Khan Academy
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.