Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 3,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 750,000 Kindle exclusive titles. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices. Choose from a wide selection of books, including new releases, bestsellers, Kindle Exclusives, and books by Australian authors.
Build your own library
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Get popular books, children's books, cookbooks, and textbooks with high-resolution color images
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background color, line spacing and margin size
• Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 4.19.1
Performance and stability improvements
Krazy Kindle Kapers - the joy of e-readings.
I really don't know what they see in it. It always takes me up to a minute to find and purchase my new titles, not like the 60 minutes fighting through the self help section in the book store. Downloads too short to even make a coffee before you start in on the read, which on a bright sunny day or moonlight night may require a change to sepia, black or white backgrounds. Finally just being to shut it down and come back later to carry on without searching for the page. Don't even get me started on travel inconvenience of not having the extra 5 kg in books. Just don't see what's to like.
Great product that needs a bit more
I am thoroughly enjoying reading with the Kindle, as my visual impairment prevents Ne reading ordinary books. I would like to know what page I am in though, rather then a percentage. I like the percentage idea, but I think the number should be accessible too. If it is already I don't know how to find it, so perhaps that could be made easier. I'm also disappointed that the book I'm currently reading is missing all of its pictures. I'd still read the book without pictures if that's my only choice in the kindle, but it would be nice to have the pictures.
Love my Kindle
My son bought my kindle three years ago, as I read in bed every night and some books were quite heavy, also storage was becoming a problem. My kindle has solved both problems, also opened up other reading options, via reading suggestion emails. I don't have to spend ages searching books stores. Lastly I now have audio books, linked to iPhone, great when driving through car radio. I'm a true convert and major kindle lover. Thank you Kindle🤓
- Category: Books
- Updated: 05 April 2016
- Version: 4.19.1
- Size: 86.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2016 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.