Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 3,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 750,000 Kindle exclusive titles. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices. Choose from a wide selection of books, including new releases, bestsellers, Kindle Exclusives, and books by Australian authors.
Build your own library
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Get popular books, children's books, cookbooks, and textbooks with high-resolution color images
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background color, line spacing and margin size
• Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 4.10
Performance and stability improvements.
Become very "buggy"
I have used this app for a number of years. I read books alomost exclusively in the digtial space now. I have also noticed that this app has over the last 6 months become very "buggy". Two of the most annoying occurneces are when the book one is reading simply starts paging back automatically for as many as 4-5 pages. Secondly just lately when I return to contine reading a book and want to manually page back or forward the page gets stuck and won't move. On the whole it's a useful app.
Great book app
Compared to iBooks which on iPhone 4 takes up to 2-4 minutes to load before you can start reading, Kindle you open the app start reading right where you left off last time with no wait time but also if you have the app on other device it ask you if you want to start from the last page you left off.
Downloading books is fast and easy.
Most used app
Love the Kindle app for its user-friendliness. My Iphone and Ipad mini hold most of my books. (Have to use other sources in Australia and still like 'real' books). Recently I am unable to review a finished book and get a message on both devices: 'Missing element(s) in JSON' so I cannot proceed after clicking a star rating. Annoying. And I would like to be able to delete books within the app and to organise books. Otherwise a great app.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 08 July 2015
- Version: 4.10
- Size: 92.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.