Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go.
eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res colour images
• A customisable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page colour
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
In the coming weeks, you will see the following:
* Prime Reading and Kindle Unlimited Badges in your library to help you easily see which books you’ve borrowed.
* A new feature that makes navigating Search and X-ray results easier.
Ratings and Reviews
I read constantly using this app & overall it is fantastic. Unlike some other reviewers I like the constant upgrades and new features - as one other reviewer said, if you don't like it don't use the feature! I like the new(ish) ability to make my own collections, but finding the time to organise my thousands (!Yes, I know...) of books is difficult...
There are a few things I would love to see made possible - 1) Viewing the synopsis or blurb without having to open the book; 2) the ability to view the books in my library by genre; and 3) the ability to cross reference the collections from the app to an actual kindle - my Mum has one, and it would be easier if she could access the collections I've already made, rather than having to make new ones...
But other than those, a great app - keep up the good work!
Transition can be a journey...but worth it
Like most readers, I love holding books, turning pages, being able to easily use my fingers to flick the pages back and forward to look for things. Even the smell and look of books in my library is something forever gone with Kindle. But with one door closing another opens up. I can travel with a library in my pocket. I don’t have to move out of my study to fit new books. I can easily read two or three books at once. I thought I’d miss richly illustrated books but my iPad is a reasonable substitute. And my paper white Kindle lets me read without feeling guilty about a rapidly draining battery. Using the Kindle app is an ongoing journey. But being a reader, I am always open and excited about new journeys and destinations.
Easy on the hands
Kindle has been a savior for my love of reading, as weakness in my hands limits the reading I can do with a hardcover book or paperback. You can zoom in easy and determine how you want to read. Best of all, no problems with how many ebooks you buy, as storage is never an issue. I love the convenience of being able to read my ebooks on either my iPad, smartphone or computer and never losing your place in the book you are reading, even when reading the same ebook on different devices. Kindle is very versatile, whereas other ebook readers are not. Kindle is an incentive to read ebooks, as you can do your bit for Mother Nature and the environment, by reducing the need to cut down trees. Love the Kindle app.
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 163.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.