By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Kindle app is optimised for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, giving users the ability to read Kindle books, newspapers, magazines and PDFs on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up your book where you left off on another device.
Get the best reading experience available on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch:
• Enjoy popular magazines and newspapers, such as The Economist, The Spectator, The Guardian and The Daily Mail, with high-resolution colour images.
• E-mail PDFs & other documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are archived automatically in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-downloading on your iOS devices. You can also read PDFs from Mail, Safari, or by transferring them from iTunes.
• Customise your reading experience by choosing the margin size, background colour, font size, and either portrait or landscape format.
• Instant dictionary word lookup. Press and hold a word to view the definition. Use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Search inside the book to find a character, topic or section you want to revisit.
• Simply tap on either side of the screen or swipe to turn pages.
• Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired customers to navigate their Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more. Enable VoiceOver in your device settings to begin.
What's New in Version 4.8.1
Performance and Stability Improvements
Great way to read books at home and on the go. I have had my kindle app on my iphone for a few years now and love it - I have a huge library.
Four suggestions to make it perfect: please please have an option for password protection so my kids can use my phone without accidental access to my books; make an option to turn off notes and hilighting so I don't keep doing it accidentally; make if easier to permanently delete dud books direct from the app rather than having to go to your account; and lastly make it possible to add a label or series number to those that don't have one to save me googling series order when rereading (notes is ok but complex to access for this).
Love my kindle! I wouldn't be without it! I still love books, but having a kindle means I can read whenever I want to, wherever I am, day or night!
Dictionary text not easy to read
I wish the text in the dictionary pop up window has greater contrast and are bold. I have big problem seeing the existing text.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 15 April 2015
- Version: 4.8.1
- Size: 77.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.