By AMZN Mobile LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go.
eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res colour images
• A customisable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page colour
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
What's New in Version 6.0.3
Introducing the all-new Kindle app with a brand new look built around the books you love. Choose between the new light theme or existing dark theme. Quickly navigate with one-tap access to the things you use most, including your most recent book. With Goodreads built into Kindle you can now discover and discuss books with friends, authors and the community.
This update is bull#$f&t!
Really wish I hadn’t updated, the new version continually freezes, won’t sync, and basically now means my previously purchased books are no longer available to me. Would have given zero stars if possible. Also, the addition of GoodReads community is a complete waste of time for people not interested in being social about their books. Seriously people, not everything has to be about Social Media! Some of just want to read our books, and this version means I can no longer do that. Can only assume like others that this version is some kind of planned obsolescence to get us all to buy Kindles. Massive fail!!!
Nothing good to say
If it were possible I would give this zero stars. Accessing the menu of an individual book, or closing a book to access the main menu has become so tedious I have deleted the app and have been searching for access to the old app to reinstall. No luck. I've recently received a half price offer for a kindle. I wonder if this dreadful non performing new app for iPhone is intended to force readers back to kindle. Can see no other reason for releasing such a poor product.
Won’t let me search for books
How useful is this app when it won’t let me search for books then constantly tells me that I’m not connected to a source of internet when I’m connected to wifi and have my phone internet on. I just want to read but this new app is making me want to find another app. I’ve read over 300 books on this app then you switch it and now it doesn’t work. Sometimes old is better.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 06 November 2017
- Version: 6.0.3
- Size: 171 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2017 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.