Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 3,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 750,000 Kindle exclusive titles. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices. Choose from a wide selection of books, including new releases, bestsellers, Kindle Exclusives, and books by Australian authors.
Build your own library
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Get popular books, children's books, cookbooks, and textbooks with high-resolution color images
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background color, line spacing and margin size
• Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 4.9.1
• fixed a problem preventing some users from downloading books
• fixed a problem with the incorrect article date appearing in periodicals
At Amazon, we've been hard at work to make reading on Kindle even better and more enjoyable. Several exciting improvements offer faster reading with less eye strain. Available today on hundreds of thousands of books, and coming soon to all Kindle books.
Faster Reading, Less Eye Strain
Hyphenation plus smoother word spacing result in faster reading with less eye strain. Improved character placement increases word recognition speed at any font size.
Beautiful Page Layout
Drop caps, text, and images that automatically adapt to always look great no matter what your screen or font size. Print-like layout dynamically adjusts for any combination of screen size and font setting.
Large Fonts, Without Compromises
Enjoy reading with larger font sizes without compromising your reading experience. Page layout and margins automatically adapt to look great with even the largest font sizes.
Bookerly - The Font for Readers
Bookerly is a new Kindle exclusive font designed for reading on digital screens. Warm and contemporary, Bookerly is inspired by the artistry of the best fonts in modern print books but is hand-crafted for optimal readability at any screen size. Bookerly is available on most Kindle books.
Kindle now makes it more convenient for listeners to start or pause audiobooks with playback controls in the Library.
Love the kindle app...but
I absolutely love the kindle app, it's awesome!
I am an avid reader, I read loads and it would be fantastic if there was a 'finished books' type option, for example if you were able to mark a book as 'finished' or 'read' and it was then taken from your library and put in as a 'collection' so at a glance you only have books listed in your library that you haven't read, it would be much easier than wading through trying to remember what you have and haven't read yet.
Suggestion for an improvement...
I use the kindle app every day and have done so for about 4 years now. It's my most-often used app and easily my favourite.
One improvement I'd love to see is in relation to samples. I often will get the sample to see whether the book is something I'd like to read.
Currently, when I download the rest of the sample, in doing so, my spot is lost. I have to then scrawl all the way through the text, trying to find where the sample ended and the new downloaded content starts.
It's not a quick process!
I read a lot of series, so adding the book number to all of your series would be another time saver for me. (You've added it to some books but not all).
Other than that, great work and an excellent app. Keep up the excellent updates!
Swift, convenient, easy
As a person always in a hurry I welcome Kindle's ability to purchase with a click, update on all devices, be accessible and clear. Love my Kindle
- Category: Books
- Updated: 10 June 2015
- Version: 4.9.1
- Size: 78.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.