Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 3,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 750,000 Kindle exclusive titles. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices. Choose from a wide selection of books, including new releases, bestsellers, Kindle Exclusives, and books by Australian authors.
Build your own library
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Get popular books, children's books, cookbooks, and textbooks with high-resolution color images
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background color, line spacing and margin size
• Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 4.12.1
Fixed a bug preventing some users from rotating books on iPads.
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Good, but could be better
I use the Kindle app pretty much daily for reading since my Kindle crashed, never to rise again. So far, I've not bought another Kindle reader as I've been happy with the Kindle App on my iPad, but I've noticed that, while other app updates result in improved speed of performance, the Kindle app has stayed the same. The page turns in particular seem a bit sluggish and pages can take a while to render.
Easy, good, well supported
The convenience to carry as many books as you want when you travel - all this in about half a kilo device! Easy to access, remove and store, easy to purchase. But the recommendations are not as well targeted on the base of your history as they could have been considering the available technology! Hopefully will continue improving! Recommended!
I love kindle!
I have read SOOO many books on kindle that I wouldn't have been able to read otherwise because of cost. After a number of years, my kindle library is fairly extensive. If I had to store the books at home I would need an entire room! Love the convenience!
- Category: Books
- Updated: 26 October 2015
- Version: 4.12.1
- Size: 91.2 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.