Kobo Reading App – Read Books and Magazines
By Kobo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Kobo, you can read on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch anywhere, anytime.
Visit Kobo and browse more than 3.5 million free and affordable titles in the Kobo Store, including bestsellers, award winners, new releases, classics, and hidden gems. All your books sync right to the app.
With Kobo’s reading app, you’re able to:
• Pick up right where you left off. We sync your bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Customize your reading experience. Enjoy crisp, clear text, in the size and style you prefer; try Night Mode for easier nighttime reading; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
• Enjoy first chapter previews for thousands of select books.
• Experience the rich, colourful environment of our magazines, cookbooks, children’s books, and comics.
• Make your reading a social experience with Reading Life™. Earn fun and surprising awards, track how long it takes to read a book, and much more.
• Add books to your Library from email, the web, or your Dropbox account. You can even read books from your local public library.
• Share ideas with Kobo Pulse™. Find out who in the Kobo Community is reading what you are and discuss what you've read with them.
• Post your activities to Facebook. See what your friends are reading and share quotes, notes, and book reviews with friends. Like and comment on books your friends post to Facebook.
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, or Japanese.
What's New in Version 7.6.1
Bug fixes and general improvements.
Terrible, as usual, from Kobo
I use a Kobo Touch and wanted a better way to purchase books, using my iPhone (6, with up to date iOS).
Description of this app clearly states that it can be used to "browse" the Kobo store. I took that to mean I could use this app to shop. It doesn't.
You can search for a specific title (hardly browsing) and then only download a free preview, not purchase the book.
As with every other time I've contacted Kobo, I'm sure they will say this is my fault. So I'll make my apology now - I am so very sorry I ever bought a Kobo.
I've been reading on a Kobo for a few years now, and when I got my iPad I was very happy to have the app, and keep enjoying my books. Although I've had some issues recently in getting older purchases onto my iPad I'd be lost without this.
Love this app!!
Really enjoy kobo on my iPad! Able to find my books and always available to me. 5 stars!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: 07 April 2015
- Version: 7.6.1
- Size: 50.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Kobo Inc.
- © 2013 Kobo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.