Learn Indonesian - Free WordPower
By Innovative Language Learning, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Are you interested in learning Indonesian, but just don't have the time?
Let's face it, not everyone can commit full-time to learning a language. We know there are many things going on in your life: school, work, the kids, that special someone. That's why we developed WordPower Learn Indonesian Vocabulary Free for the ultra-busy, 21st century lifestyle. There's absolutely no reason to miss out on all the benefits of learning Indonesian just because you're light on time. With WordPower Learn Indonesian Vocabulary Free, you'll start down the road to fluency and reap the rewards that go with it.
With WordPower Learn Indonesian Vocabulary Free, you'll master 100 of the most frequently used words and phrases in the Indonesian language right on your iOS device! The app doubles as a mini travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical Indonesian phrases. Learn Indonesian with audio recordings of a native Indonesian speaker and a voice recorder so you can master perfect pronunciation anywhere, anytime. This list of the 100 most frequently used Indonesian words is compact enough to fit a little review into you busy schedule. Study at your convenience at times and places that work for you! WordPower Learn Indonesian Vocabulary Free also comes with an addictive Word of the Day alert and free Indonesian audio lessons when you sign up for a free IndonesianPod101.com account inside the app.
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn Indonesian Vocabulary Free FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- New! Level 1 Basic Word List (approximately 200 words): Now you get more than just 1 word a day
- Support for iOS 6 and 4" Retina displays such as the iPhone 5 and 5th gen iPod touch
- Indonesian Top 100 Words: A special list of words specific to daily life in Indonesia. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
- Essential Indonesian vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, and class
- Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- Free Audio Lessons: Learn more than just words! Access the newest IndonesianPod101.com audio lessons when you sign up for a Free Lifetime Account within the app
- Updated Basic Resources: Want to explore the Indonesian language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of Indonesian learning tips, information and material
- Easy to Use Design: Intuitive iOS swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without excessive swiping and tapping
- Custom Flashcard Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function: Search entire database in English or Indonesian
- Progress Bar: Keep track of how many words you have really mastered
100 words not enough?
Upgrade to WordPower Learn Indonesian Vocabulary full edition to get 2000 more words and phrases!
What's New in Version 4.1.1
-fixed a bug that breaks audio playback when using the voice recorder on the iPhone and iPod touch.
Great vocabulary builder
Excellent app. If you are wanting to learn Indonesian but feel that you don't have the time then it is good to have this on the ipad. Can just casually learn a dozen or so words in a spare 20 minutes. Love the feature that you can build your own word list of the ones you always forget and test yourself on that. The challenge of trying to get all the flashcards right gets you hooked and activates that learning part of your brain. After learning the words you can then move on to looking and listening to then being used in sentences. Could definitely be improved with more information about the unique Indonesian prefixes and basic grammar. Some simple high use words also seem to be missing. But you can't go wrong for eight bucks. It's what i would spend on cardboard and a texta just to make similar flash cards - and they wouldn't even say the word to me!
Good for intermediate speakers
This app is very useful for those people who speak the language, but are not in the country & need something to keep them thinking, hearing and talking about it. However, for beginners it is only partly useful as some of the words chosen are obscure & rarely used. Also the sample sentences are too formal, not reflecting 'real' Indonesian. On the positive side, the daily alert is a great reminder to do SOMETHING in the language & the recordings are very clear.
Finding the program good for new vocabulary but some notes on grammar would be a big help. Why and when to use suffixes and prefixes and how to work out tense. Also the formal and informal words and when to use them.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 17 June 2013
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 418 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Innovative Language Learning, LLC
- © 2008-2013 Innovative Language Learning
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Full WordPower. Get instant access to all ~2000 words. $12.99