LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
By Warner Bros.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience the events of Harry Potter's first four years at Hogwarts – LEGO® style! Also check out LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, available now!
-Top iPhone Game of 2010 (RPG Category) - TouchArcade***
"This is the game to show your doubting friends as I don't believe a game of this depth or breadth presently exists on the App Store, and certainly not one with the care and attention that the Warner Bros. team have expended on it."(TouchArcade.com)
"Okay, so if you're buying only one game this week, which one should it be? No contest: Lego Harry Potter. It's that good, even if you're not a fan of boy wizards or building blocks."(CNET.com)
"...early impressions seem to indicate that this could be one of the best games currently on the platform."(Kotaku.com)
"LEGO Harry Potter looks razor sharp on a Retina display device."(IGN - 8 out of 10)
"...instantly charming and thoroughly impressive."(PocketGamer - 8 out of 10)
Play as Harry, Ron, Hermione and many more as you explore Hogwarts and engage in countless hours of gameplay spread across 40+ levels based on the Harry Potter books and movies. LEGO® Harry Potter™: Years 1-4 brings the world of LEGO® Harry Potter to life on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, giving gamers the power to play with LEGO characters and models in a brand new way. Based on the first four Harry Potter books and movies, LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 builds on the foundations of previous LEGO® video games by offering a mix of fun, accessible gameplay and light-hearted humor – appealing to all ages. Players can explore the wizarding world and feel as though they are at Hogwarts.
• The Events of Harry Potter’s First Four Years at Hogwarts – LEGO® style! – including the Triwizard Tournament, the Quidditch World Cup, the Basilisk battle in the Chamber of Secrets, the encounter with Aragog and the face-to-face confrontation with Voldemort himself.
• Stunning Graphics – take advantage of the Retina Display.
• Intuitive Touch-Screen Controls – take complete control over your character to explore, solve puzzles and duel.
• An Authentic Harry Potter Experience:
• Visit Iconic locations – including Diagon Alley, the Forbidden Forest, the village of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts castle – a grand, immersive 3-D environment and the largest, most detailed LEGO® game location ever built.
• Play as over 100 characters – including Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger.
• Attend Hogwarts – cast spells, mix potions, fly on broomsticks and complete hundreds of magical tasks to earn points.
• Character Customization – using hundreds of different LEGO® Harry Potter pieces.
• Classic LEGO® Humor – enjoy the characteristic comedic LEGO® ‘twist’ on events from the fiction.
• Endless Replayability – use ‘Freeplay’ to discover areas of gameplay not accessible in Story Mode.
• Collectables – pick up a huge variety of items throughout the game.
**Check out these other exciting WB apps:
• Scribblenauts Remix
• Tapper World Tour
• Tapper World Tour HD (iPad only)
• Harry Potter: Spells
• LEGO Batman: Gotham City Games
What's New in Version 2.4
Game Center Updates
Good, if slightly short
Quick thing to note before review, this isn't the console version, like the other iOS Lego ports. This is a port of the DS and PSP version, which isn't as fully featured. The same goes for Lego Marvel Super Heroes, so if you don't like this than don't get that either.
The game is an adaptation of the first four Harry Potter movies, which is told by eight or so areas per book/movie. It is a bit short, and the low resolution cutscenes don't purvey the story very well, but they do their job OK-ishly. The graphics themselves are a little on the tacky side, but are bright and colourful, and I actually prefer them to the console version. Sadly, the same can't be said for the sound. Music is mediocre at best and the sound effects are like sandpaper in your ear, like a dented gramophone or a bad quality cassette tape. Like I said, it is also rather short, with every chapter only totalling about an hour each, working out at four hours of entertainment only. This does not do the books or movies a grain of respect thanks to the aforementioned sound effects.
If you are interested in Lego games that much, and you really want to carry one in your pocket, choose a different Lego game such as Lego Lord of the Rings.
If you are that much of a Harry Potter fan, only by this on sale.
Harry potter years 1-4
Hi I've played and loved this game for a very long time without issues recently I've started to go back through all the levels to try and find the golden hats and red blocks up until now I've had no trouble I'm on the first level of the 3rd game and cannot find the golden hat I need one more for this level and cannot find it! I've tried everything but still no luck can you help!!
Do not recommend use on mobile
This game has good graphics and sound and is a great idea. Unfortunately using this app on a mobile phone is just asking for more frustration than it's worth due to even the easiest levels require precision movement of your character whilst needing to view the whole screen which is difficult when your busy swiping your finger across the screen.
All in all I could only manage to get as far as the hidden corridor before I gave up and deleted the game.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 29 November 2012
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 476 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Warner Bros. Entertainment
- Harry Potter characters, names, and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter publishing rights © JKR WB Games Logo, WB Shield; ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s10)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.