LetterParade is the fun way to get your child interested in letters and how they form words.
Before they start to learn in school, most children naturally become interested in letters. They want to know how things are called, want to know the letters in their own name, spell "mom" and "dad".
LetterParade stimulates that interest; it shows your child beautiful pictures and the letters that go with each picture so that they can drag the letters into the correct spot to spell each word. The same way they could experiment with those magnetic letters on the fridge!
The game contains multiple collections of words which allows you to start them off with easy, three letter words and introduce new pictures when you think they are ready for it.
Try it out and get them on the road to reading by feeding their natural interest in understanding how all of this works!
Currently LetterParade features sets of words in English and Dutch, let us know (at firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in other languages.
---- This version uses an in-app purchase to unlock all functionality. If you prefer having an app without in-app purchase, this is also available in the App Store ----
Main features of LetterParade:
- Many sets of words that introduce increasingly more difficult letter combinations. Modelled after established "learning to spell" practices actually used by teachers in schools.
- LetterParade allows dragging letters in the right position, or simply tapping them in the right order to form words.
- You can have greyed out text drawn on the board to make it easier for your child to see which letter should go where. There is also a "wizard" button that shows them which letter should be where.
- Important letter-combinations are taken together to make spelling easier initially. A preference allows to separate all letters once your child has advanced enough.
- Letters can be drawn as lower or uppercase depending on your preference and/or the preference of the school where they will learn to spell. Teaching in the same way as they will learn in school is always advisable!
Read more or contact us at http://www.publigence.com/letterparade
- Updates for iOS 7
- Updates for voice possibilities
- Various minor fixes and improvements
- Made it easier to rate the application
- Embedded crash analysis to more easily fix problems
- Bumped iOS requirement to a minimum of 5.0
- Updated Parental Gate code
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.