Meet Libby. Did you know your local library has thousands of ebooks and audiobooks? You can borrow them, instantly, for free, using just the device in your hand.
1. Fish out your library card
2. Open the Libby app
3. Find your local library
4. Search, sample, borrow, enjoy
It takes just a few taps to find and borrow a book. Libby has a ground-breaking built-in ebook reader, and a beautiful audiobook player. If you prefer, you can send books to your Kindle for reading.
• Sign in to multiple libraries, with one or more library cards
• Stay signed in for as long as you like
• Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space
• Sample any book with a tap — nothing to download or delete
• Try a zoomable graphic novel, or a picture book with readalong audio
• All your holds and loans are consolidated on a single shelf
• Tag titles as read, loved, hated, wishlist, schoolbook, beach-reading, whatever you like
• Your loans, holds, reading positions, bookmarks and notes are synchronized automatically across all your devices
So much is new in Libby!
* The Shelf Summary view displays the most important information across your loans, holds, tags and activities.
* Borrow and place holds on the same title at multiple libraries.
* Track your reading progress for every loan on your shelf.
* Borrow directly from your tags list.
* When searching your library, jump to any page of results by tapping on the page divider.
* We've simplified the display of wait list information.
* We've fixed several bugs that occasionally cropped up when opening (and reopening) your books and audiobooks.
* Every aspect of the app has been given a touch of polish.
We have big plans for the year ahead! Let us know your thoughts in the app: Menu => Help & Support.
Ratings and Reviews
Libby the avid reader’s App
A big jump from the earlier Overdrive, reliable & intuitive.
I love the way one can manage a list of books read, personally rate ie Tag. This is a good way to manage ‘holds’ too when too many arrive together - just give them the right Tag and Return to the library for other readers and place a hold again. The Activity list is simple and can be edited down as chosen with Tags showing. This is a great way to navigate a series.
Audio books are great too. There’s only one bump in this & that is that occasionally the book marks drop off~ so one needs to be aware of this.
I’ve used the Help Support for Libby and that too was very prompt and efficient.
Libby is user friendly and convenient. I enjoy reading and especially like listening to audio books - great when doing housework and gardening. Can’t really fault the app. Only thing I would like is if I could put it on timer for longer than 30mins. Can you give us a choice eg 30, 45, 60 minutes...I like to listen as I go to sleep, and 30 mins is just too short. Also more of the series in books. Often I can access only a few books of a series eg Micheal Connolly’s Bosch series. It would be awesome to read/ listen to these in chronological order.
However these are minor issues. Otherwise LOVE Libby.
Excellent library access
Libby gives you access to whatever electronic resources your local library offers, in an easy and pretty format. It's well-suited to browsing, with interesting groupings, so you don't have to already know what you want. That's a big deal!
Syncing between devices seems to work well too.
The improvement I'd suggest is letting the user decide if they want to pick up a hold or reject it for now. I'm in hospital with very thin wifi, and the loan on the audio book I've just get from hold is ticking away, but I can't access it right now.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.