*** FREE 30 DAY SUBSCRIPTION TRIAL – READ OUR LATEST ISSUE FREE TODAY ***
Linux Format is the voice of the Linux and open source community. Its unique style brings you entertaining and essential tutorials, news and reviews for leading distros like Ubuntu, Mint, Debian and Arch, plus help with maker projects on the Raspberry Pi, Arduino and more.
Get the best from open source technology such as Gnome, KDE, Docker and virtualisation; learn great programming tips in our essential Coding Academy including Python, Rust, Android and beyond! Whether you’re an IT professional, sysadmin or you just want to make computing fun again, Linux Format is for you.
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on 1 month and 1 year terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. You can cancel your subscription at any point.
Individual issues are priced at:
Single issue £6.99 / $6.99 / €7.99
With subscription prices at:
1 month £3.99 / $4.99 / €4.99
1 year £44.99 / $59.99 / €59.99
Prices subject to change - please check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition. ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
• We've rebranded the app with our new logo and updated the messaging system.
• Bookmarking bug fix. Some users reported that bookmarks were flickering which has now been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Takes your money, and your magazine too!
Be very wary of subscribing to this online. To date i have paid $15 for two issues of this magazine and still only have access to one free download issue. Expensive, frustrating and potentially useless app. Having been a long time subscriber of the hard copy version of this mag, thought an iPad version was a great idea as I could carry copies of the magazine around with me. Wrong! Having purchased one magazine, it disappeared from my library when I upgraded to IOS5. I wrote to the supplier who informed me that if I clicked BUY it would recognize that I had already purchased, but they had made the issue I had already purchased a free download for anyone, so I could get it anyway (they could at least have offered me another edition to compensate). Assuming it was just an initial glitch of the IOS5 update, I then decided to purchase another issue which worked okay and appeared in my library. However two days later with no upgrades to IOS, the paid for version once again disappeared. Clicking the BUY button invited me once again to part with my money. At the price these guys charge for each edition, seems like they have a great way of getting money from you without actually giving you anything in return! I am still waiting for the vendor to resolve this, but there response is slow to say the least.
Bait and switch
I love the paper version of Linux Format so I downloaded the free issue here to try reading it on iPhone only to discover the screenshots are fake. If you download this all you get is a bunch of links to buy issues or subscriptions. Why the bait and switch? Uninstalling
Is not free you have to pay
Another mag where you have to pay the right to read their ads....
- Future Publishing Ltd.
- 68 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Future Publishing Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription $7.99
- 1 Year Subscription $89.99
- February 2012 $10.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.