Lippincott Nursing Drug Handbooks
By Wolters Kluwer Health
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your free download of the Nursing Drug Handbook app will give you free access to 25 full drug entries. Once you’ve downloaded the free App, you will be able to access thousands of additional drug entries via an InApp purchase, giving you all of the vital information you need to provide safe patient care, including …
• Complete information for 900+ generic drugs and 3,000+ brand-name drugs
• Easy-to-use tools to create a customized database, including Notes & Favorites
• Weekly updates with the latest need-to-know drug facts so you’re always up-to-date
When you download nursing’s most trusted drug reference, you’ll be fully prepared to expertly administer 31 NEW drugs approved by the FDA in the last year alone. And you’ll be aware of 3,209 changes to drug information that have occurred recently, including...
• 1,146 NEW facts on adverse reactions and dangerous interactions
• 136 NEW nursing considerations and patient-teaching facts
• 715 NEW facts on indications and dosages
Find answers fast to better safeguard against med errors. Based on content from the best-selling Nursing2014 Drug Handbook, the Nursing Drug Handbook App is meticulously reviewed by pharmacists and nurses and updated weekly to provide the most current, relevant information that practicing nurses and students need to know to administer medications safely in any health care setting.
The Nursing Drug Handbook App emphasizes nursing and safety aspects of drug administration and will ensure that you’re fully informed of the newest drugs, approved and off-label uses for drugs, overdose signs & symptoms, and drug warnings. Its instant search capability will help you quickly locate drug entries. In addition, each monograph includes the following key sections:
• Drug name: generic and brand names along with the pronunciation, tall man letters, and pill symbol link (for drugs included in the Photoguide)
• Therapeutic and pharmacologic class
• Pregnancy risk category and controlled substances schedule
• Recent updates (weekly FDA-issued updates ensure you always stay current)
• Available forms (P.O., I.V., I.M., subcutaneous, inhalational, etc.)
• Indications & dosages (FDA-approved, evidence-based off-label uses; accurate dosages; adjust-a-dose information)
• Administration (covers all applicable routes; I.V. information specially highlighted)
• Action (route, onset, peak, duration, half-life)
• Adverse reactions (identified by body system)
• Interactions (drug-drug, drug-herb, drug-lifestyle)
• Effects on lab results
• Contraindications & cautions (overdose signs and symptoms listed)
• Nursing considerations (describes monitoring techniques, prevention and treatment, patient safety and comfort)
• Patient teaching (guidelines on safe drug use, storage, and compliance)
• Nursing process (assessment, nursing diagnoses, planning/implementation, evaluation).
Your App also includes a Photoguide with images of over 400 of the most commonly prescribed brand-name drugs and a free Dosage calculator.
What's New in Version 2.3.0
Optimized for iOS 7
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 20 September 2013
- Version: 2.3.0
- Size: 47.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
- © 2012-2013 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Nursing Drug Handbook - 1 Year$25.99
- Lippincott Nursing Drug Handbook$46.99