Live Traffic NSW
By Roads and Maritime Services
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Live Traffic NSW provides up-to-the minute news of incidents and conditions that affect your journey in Sydney and Regional NSW.
This app provides you with live updates about traffic incidents and access to live traffic cameras from the Transport Management Centre (TMC).
• Latest traffic information for Sydney and Regional NSW including incidents, major events, fires, floods, alpine conditions and roadworks.
• Access to live traffic cameras with images updated every 60 seconds.
• View incidents and cameras near your current location using maps or in a text list.
• Save your favourite routes, and set up scheduled alerts to notify you of incidents on your routes.
• View current travel times for M1, M2, M4 and M7.
• Save your favourite cameras for quick access, and swipe between them to check traffic conditions before you start your journey.
• Listen to text to speech driver alerts
The Transport Management Centre (TMC) monitors and manages the 18,000km NSW State road network 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The TMC uses advanced monitoring, communication and traffic management systems to respond to and clear traffic incidents as quickly as possible, improve consistency of journey times, and provide the public with quality up-to-date information.
Our aim is to help motorists make the best possible travel decisions that will, in turn, contribute to the safe and efficient management of our roads.
We're committed to ensuring that Live Traffic NSW meets the needs of travellers in NSW, and your feedback is essential. If you have any ideas, suggestions for improvement or questions about the app, please contact us by using the feedback form within the app.
Please note: Live Traffic NSW for iOS uses GPS. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.6.9
• Added notification when back-end service is unavailable
• Bug fixes
Great to see that traffic flow from google maps has finally been added. Very helpful.
Shame we can't turn off roadworks though. I don't mind having the other categories on (floods, fires etc) but there are so many roadworks but hardly any that actually affect my drive.
I'd also like to see updated designs for larger iPhone 6 and 6+ screens.
Useful but needs work
Is useful to identify some delays but app crashes when I try to enter my trip on an iPhone 6. Also would be good if you could select in the settings to only use your location while using rather than the only two options being always or never.
Surprisingly it's amazing
I was expecting considering its a government app it to be basic and not working.. However it's great! Every thing you want and more. Also everything works very well. Get it
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 16 November 2014
- Version: 1.6.9
- Size: 83.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Roads and Maritime Services
- © Transport for NSW
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.