Live Traffic NSW
By Transport for NSW
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Live Traffic NSW provides up-to-the minute news of incidents and conditions that affect your journey in Sydney and Regional NSW.
This app provides you with live updates about traffic incidents and access to live traffic cameras from the Transport Management Centre (TMC).
• Latest traffic information for Sydney and Regional NSW including incidents, major events, fires, floods, alpine conditions and roadworks.
• Access to live traffic cameras with images updated every 60 seconds.
• View incidents and cameras near your current location using maps or in a text list.
• Save your favourite routes, and set up scheduled alerts to notify you of incidents on your routes.
• View current travel times for M1, M2, M4 and M7.
• Save your favourite cameras for quick access, and swipe between them to check traffic conditions before you start your journey.
• Listen to text to speech driver alerts
The Transport Management Centre (TMC) monitors and manages the 18,000km NSW State road network 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The TMC uses advanced monitoring, communication and traffic management systems to respond to and clear traffic incidents as quickly as possible, improve consistency of journey times, and provide the public with quality up-to-date information.
Our aim is to help motorists make the best possible travel decisions that will, in turn, contribute to the safe and efficient management of our roads.
We're committed to ensuring that Live Traffic NSW meets the needs of travellers in NSW, and your feedback is essential. If you have any ideas, suggestions for improvement or questions about the app, please contact us by using the feedback form within the app.
Please note: Live Traffic NSW for iOS uses GPS. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.7.13
- iOS 10 updates.
- Removal of motorway travel times. Going forward, please access travel time information by using the My Trip tool which provides travel time estimates based on your specific end-to-end journey. Save your Trip to easily check travel time before you start each journey.
Sincerely one of THE best apps ever.
ANY INDIVIDUAL commuting ANYWHERE should and must download this app! It's saved me a lot of grief travelling either 10mins away or on a 10+ hour road trip. The best
I DO however agree on it needing an auto background app refresh and I too miss the travel times or ETA's
Needs a few more tweaks
This app needs to have "Background App refresh" enabled by the developers.
The iOS 10 widget does not auto update making it useless and forcing you to open the app to update.
Would love to see better filtering. The ability to turn on/off each individual hazard, event would be a good start.
Used to be good, but...
Whenever I switch it on to check my (normally 75 minute) journey to or from work, it seems to spend all its time 'updating data' and never actually telling me about road conditions or any accidents and delays. Bring back the old version...
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 28 September 2016
- Version: 1.7.13
- Size: 123 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Transport for NSW
- © Transport for NSW
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.