Local Food Loop helps you uncover the most secret hiding places of the best fresh food that's grown, prepared and available in your local area, everywhere you find yourself hungry. Growers, farm-gate sales, markets, cafes, breweries, eateries and specialty produce retailers - everyone in the food chain is here. If your favourite local food spot isn't listed yet, you can suggest it. If you discover a great new place, add it!
With Local Food Loop on your phone, you can:
- check out local producers, markets, retailers etc around you that specialise in local food
- receive notifications about seasonal produce (so you don't miss out on that first crop of blueberries when they are ready for picking)
- see special deals and offers for places near you
- get details of local food events
- see where your food comes from, how far away it was grown, and where else you can find your favourite products
- give places a quick rating on the "localometer" to let others know how locally focused they really are
- review places you've visited
- suggest new places to add to the app
- create a list of favourite places to come back to next time
- search for any food you like, including branded products, anywhere
- search the entire app by food name, city or keywords in place names or descriptions
- and a few things more!
This app works best in Australia because that's where most of the places listed come from. There are also places appearing in parts of Canada (especially around Toronto). If you'd like to see other places in other countries, please suggest places from within the app. All the places we've included have been lovingly hand-picked, so please don't expect every place on earth to be here! A place really needs to be about local food to appear on your screen.
When you buy local food locally, you're supporting local communities and sustaining the local flavour anywhere you live and travel.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for tasty snippets and news:
We've made searching so much better this time around. Looking for eggs? Just type "eggs" and you see every place that grows, sells or uses eggs that are traceable back to their original chook (ok, you got us, it's to the farm). The same goes for any other food you're looking for, including branded products. Just search it like you always wished you could, because now you can. From Almonds to Zucchinis and everything in between, if it's on the app you'll find it. We've also sped up auto-reloading times for the map by a whopping 600%, which is alot of percent. But wait, there's more: we've also added a way for you to access the online stores of some special places in the app, so you can jump straight to their interwebby sales point without getting in your car. And of course there are a heap more places added to the app, including farmers markets and their stallholders.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.