Logic Pro X is the most advanced version of Logic ever. Sophisticated tools for professional songwriting, editing, and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get creative results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro X includes a massive collection of instruments, effects, and loops, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
• Consolidate and control multiple tracks or create rich, layered instruments with Track Stacks
• Smart Controls allow you to manipulate multiple plug-ins and parameters with a single move
• Support for the Touch Bar on MacBook Pro provides convenient controls for creating, editing and navigating your songs
• Autosave keeps your work safe and sound
Professional Music Production
• Record and edit MIDI or audio using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Keep takes organized with take folders and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Track Alternatives let you create and switch between different playlists of regions and edits on a track
• Render any combination of effect plug-ins to a selection of audio using Selection-based Processing
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Comprehensive mix and plug-in parameter automation can be part of a region or track
• Create and mix music from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad or iPhone
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic, or hip hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Choose among 28 distinct drummers that can take your direction and perform millions of unique grooves
• Build your own acoustic drum kits with Drum Kit Designer using a collection of deeply sampled drums
• Customize the sound of your electronic beats using Drum Machine Designer
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral, and modeling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer
• Play or create a wide variety of rich sampled instruments with the EXS24 Sampler
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Play faithful models of classic organs, keyboards, and vintage synths
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion, and modulation stompboxes
• Access the Tuner with just a click to quickly get in tune
Creative and Production Effects
• Play your sounds through realistic acoustic spaces using Space Designer convolution reverb
• Use a range of multi-tap, vintage tape, and stereo delays
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Over 2800 instrument and effect Patches
• 1000 meticulously sampled instruments
• More than 7000 Apple Loops in wide range of genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Share to GarageBand option allows you to remotely add new tracks to your Logic project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro X workflows
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
• Open projects from Logic 5 or later
Minimum System Requirements
Display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher
OS X v10.12 or later
Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
6GB available disk space for minimum install / 63GB hard disk space for full Sound Library installation
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Plugins and plugin settings are not recalled
I’m working on some electronic tracks with a lot of virtual instruments and fx. Very frequently when I open a track, my virtual instruments have changed or their highly tweaked settings have been cleared. This is not acceptable. In electronic music, the settings define the music and the sound. It seems to happen more often when I’ve had two projects open at once, but it happens from time to time regardless. Even though I’ve been trying to protect myself by keeping project alternatives, it appears all of the alternatives have also been corrupted.
It takes me hours to get a project back to where it was, and of course I can never get it quite back to where it was.
TLDR: don’t waste your time with Logic.
Great, but why the UI/trackpad delay?!
An utterly amazing piece of software, obviously, which makes it all the more amazing that the simplest of things keeps being broken! So frustrating.
I have a brand new, totally pimped MacBook Pro. Yet when I click to move a region (actually hundreds of regions, selected with Cmd-Shift-F), there’s a perceptible lag between my click and the drag beginning.
On the previous version, this was just annoying. Now it seems to be ‘fixed’ by the region I’m dragging being dragged a full quarter of a screen behind my mouse pointer! Come on. This can’t be a hard one to get right, can it?
Please, devs, fix the simple stuff before you go adding new features. This should work like lightning on my $4,000 laptop.
Logic Always Delivers
Once agian another amazing update from the Logic Team.
Really loving the new Chomaverb and all the other new logic native plugins. For what your paying you are getting so much more then any other DAW out there, Honestly i dont think people realise how many amazing built in plugins/Loops/Samples you are getting.
**My only wish is an update to the ES2, ES24 and Ultrabeat. Logic really needs a faster and more intuitive way do sampling (Like abletons Simpler/Sampler) to really make it the king of all DAWS and i think with a great redesign of the ES24 this can happen**
If your someone looking for a DAW that you can just sit down and start producing, then Logic is exactly what you’re looking for.
- Apple Pty Limited
- 1.4 GB
- macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2004-2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.