Logic Pro X
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Logic Pro X is the most advanced version of Logic ever. Sophisticated tools for professional songwriting, editing, and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get creative results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro X includes a massive collection of instruments, effects, and loops, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
• Consolidate and control multiple tracks or create rich, layered instruments with Track Stacks
• Smart Controls allow you to manipulate multiple plug-ins and parameters with a single move
• An enhanced Mixer lets you move, copy, and bypass channel inserts more efficiently
• Quickly re-order song sections and try new ideas using Arrangement Markers
• Autosave keeps your work safe and sound
• 64-bit architecture supports large projects containing hundreds of tracks and sampled instruments
Professional Music Production
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Record and seamlessly punch in and out of one or multiple tracks
• Keep takes organised with take folders and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Automation can be part of a region, not just the track, which makes it easier to use effects creatively
• Create and mix music from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
• Create and edit MIDI using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic, or hip hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Choose among 28 distinct drummers that can take your direction and perform millions of unique grooves
• Build your own acoustic drum kits with Drum Kit Designer using a diverse collection of deeply sampled, professionally mixed snares, toms, kicks, hi-hats, and cymbals
• Customise the sound of your electronic beats using Drum Machine Designer
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by a collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, and physical modeling synthesis
• Play or create a wide variety of rich sampled instruments with the EXS24 Sampler
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Create classic ’70s- and ’80s-style synthesizer tracks using Retro Synth
• Play faithful models of vintage keyboards with Vintage B3, Vintage Electric Piano, and Vintage Clav
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion, and modulation stompboxes
• Access the Tuner with just a click to quickly get in tune
Creative and Production Effects
• Play your sounds through realistic acoustic spaces using Space Designer convolution reverb
• Use a range of multi-tap, vintage tape, and stereo delays
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Get the perfect mix with a variety of EQs, dynamics, and other mixing tools
• Put the finishing touch on your project using a collection of mastering plug-ins
• Over 1800 instrument and effect Patches
• More than 750 meticulously sampled instruments
• 3600 Apple Loops in modern urban and electronic genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro X workflows
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
• Open projects from Logic 5 or later
Minimum System Requirements
Display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher
OS X v10.9.5 or later
Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
6GB available disk space for minimum install / 35GB hard disk for full Sound Library installation
What's New in Version 10.1.1
• Pre-fader sends are no longer affected by VCA Faders
• VoiceOver can once again access audio channels as well as the track header volume and pan controls
• The Brush Tool no longer gets stuck in fixed pitch mode when selected after using the Pencil Tool
• Resolves an issue that could cause the Download Manager to appear empty
• Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
Slow and Laggy UI
I have been using Logic Pro for about 7 years (since Logic Pro 8). I recently decided to upgrade to Logic Pro X (along with my Mac) and must say I am quite disappointed. The User Interface runs extremely slow and lags ridiculously, even when projects are still in their infant stages. And trust me, it is not my Mac.
Would someone from Apple please contact me through my Apple ID to diagnose this problem- this is a joke.
If you are wanting a reliable, stable and consistent DAW, don’t get this until the developers fix this issue.
First time using Logic, and it’s awesome!
However there’s a problem which I can’t fix.
On the keyboard (Command+K), the C below middle C is not working!
I need to use that key for kick drums, as well as other instruments, so I’m kinda troubled.
I need help!!
Incredibly Disappointed due to High CPU usage..
I’ve used a wide aray of DAW’s, from Ableton, FL Studio, Reason, Pro tools & I recently purchased a top of the line rMBP 15” and took the dive in purchasing Logic Pro X.
I can run all of the above mentioned DAW’s with no problem at all, but I am getting incredibly high CPU spikes using LPX.
LPX uses 35% CPU with a blank template, just idling.
If I have 1–10 tracks (it doesnt matter how many), I start to see the CPU usage go up to 70%..
I’m too afraid to use more than 10 tracks because of how Slow & Laggy things start to get..
I’ve read plenty of threads online about people complaining about LPX & Yosemite with the same issue I have, Including the post on here on the 23/4/15.
If someone from Apple could contact me through my Apple ID to help sort out this terrible problem that would be great..
I would probably rate this a 5/5 if it actually run properly & there’s no way its my MacBook..
Look forward to hearing from either Apple staff or the Logic Pro crew.
As stated below, If you are wanting a reliable & stable DAW, this should be your last option at this point in time - at least until this issue gets fixed.