Lost Treasures of Infocom
By Activision Publishing, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***"Lost Treasures of Infocom is a wonderfully nostalgic, superbly presented, and impressively comprehensive package.
A real labour of love, then, and a beautiful reminder that a picture isn't always preferable to a thousand words." - Pocket Gamer***
***"The part that's blowing my mind is just how well these games have made the translation to iOS" - Touch Arcade***
Enter the world of master storytellers. Before there were state-of-the-art consoles, tablets and PCs capable of amazing graphics, gamers had to use their imagination and wit, to solve intricate puzzles and progress through these text-only adventure gaming classics.
The Lost Treasures of Infocom brings these classic works of interactive fiction to life for the first time on iPad, Phone & iPod Touch. This definitive collection of 27 adventure games spanning fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, horror & more, places you in the center of immersive, richly-detailed interactive worlds full of interesting locations, engaging puzzles & surprising twists & turns. You’re more than just a passive reader as you engage directly with the story by typing actions through your keyboard. Use your imagination to come up with creative solutions to puzzles with multiple solutions as you progress through each adventure and bring these stories to life!
• Download today & get the all-time adventure classic that started it all, Zork I: The Great Underground Empire, for FREE! Plunge beneath the surface of the earth in search of the long lost Treasures of Zork. Starting from a field west of the iconic White House, Zork beckons you into a world fraught with danger & discovery.
• Collect & play the original Infocom text adventure library with 27 games in all, including The Zork™ Series, Planetfall®, The Enchanter Trilogy, Leather Goddesses of Phobos™, & many more!
• Interact with all of the original classic Infocom collectables, from the packaging & game manuals to the in-box "feelies", all faithfully reproduced for fans of the series
• Access special interactive versions the original InvisiClues hint books, & full game maps for each title, accessible from within the games themselves
• Learn about the rise & fall of Infocom, with an exclusive history article written exclusively for the app
• Showcase your adventure game accomplishments to your friends with full GameCenter leaderboard support
• Also includes the exclusive, never-before-published text adventure “Zork: The Undiscovered Underground”, written by original Infocom designers
• Re-live these brilliant & imaginative adventure titles with over 350 hours of gameplay
Complete your collection and keep these classic games alive for generations to come. Players can purchase five bundle packs with 5 games each for $2.99 per pack; OR own the entire game collection PLUS all game maps AND the exclusive, never-published bonus adventure “Zork: The Undiscovered Underground”, for just $9.99.
• A Mind Forever Voyaging
• Border Zone
• Hollywood Hijinx
• Leather Goddess of Phobos
• The Lurking Horror
• Plundered Hearts
• Suspended: A Cryogenic Nightmare
• The Witness
• Zork 1: The Great Underground Empire (FREE with free initial download)
• Zork 2 : The Wizard of Frobozz
• Zork 3 : The Dungeon Master
• Zork: The Undiscovered Underground (bonus game for purchasing the Complete Collection)
©2012 Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. All trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
• Fixed a potential crash when restoring purchases, if an earlier transaction was improperly interrupted.
• "Manual" button added to the in-game button bar, allowing you to go from in-game directly to the manual and back again.
• The app now remembers your frequently viewed Manuals, Maps and Feelies where you last scrolled and zoomed, until you view a different item.
• Reset game timer when a new game started, so that you can improve on your best time.
• Other minor enhancements
Absolutely worth it
If I could make one request it would be for AirPrint functionality so we can print the feelies/manuals out. Some of the maps you need to keep track of your position so just being able to see them on screen isn't enough.
The developers really poured a lot of love into this app and it shows. The interface is good and well thought out, and every game includes high quality scans of the feelies that came with the original. And to top it off, all the games, manuals, and clues for $12 or so? It will take months to go through them.
I couldn't rate this app more highly. Well done and thanks for bringing back something so historically important to modern iOS.
Just a note. The rights to the Douglas Adams (and I believe James Clavell) games (i.e. Hitch Hikers etc) are no longer with Activision so they are unable to include Hitch Hikers, however, there is an unbelievably huge assortment of A-Rated games here and they are well worth it. Literally years of fun here. Enjoy.
Love it. Totally worth getting
Please remove the part where you have to enter your secret questions as i forgot these. If you do i will definitly consider downloading the full pack
- Category: Games
- Updated: 24 January 2013
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 201 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Activision Publishing, Inc.
- © 2012 Activision Publishing, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Game Library$14.99
- All InvisiClues$1.49
- Fantasy Collection I$4.49
- All Maps$1.49
- Sci-Fi Collection$4.49
- Fantasy Collection II$4.49
- Mystery Collection$4.49
- Adventure Collection$4.49