Macquarie’s new Mobile Banking app is the exciting and easy way for you to do your banking and budgeting in real time and on-the-go! The app gives you access to your Macquarie Credit Cards, Macquarie Home Loans, Cash Management Accounts and our brand new Macquarie Transaction and Savings accounts - anytime, anywhere.
Smarter features include:
• Apple Pay. Simply open the Apple Wallet app to add your Macquarie Credit or Debit Card. Start using your iPhone or Apple Watch to make payments where Tap and Go payments are accepted.
• 4-digit login, or TouchID (on compatible devices) for even faster access to your accounts
• View the balances of accounts you choose without needing to log in
• Real time balances and transaction records for each of your supported Macquarie accounts
• Immediate payments to BPAY Billers and Funds Transfer payees saved using Macquarie Online, or set up someone new from within the app
• Easily retrieve account information such as interest earned, credit card reward points and more
• Added security with real time notifications whenever your Macquarie credit card or debit card is used
• Temporarily block your credit or debit card, giving you peace of mind if you leave your card behind
• Activate and change the PIN for your debit and credit cards inside the app (please note this feature is currently only available for some customers)
* For further details about the Macquarie Mobile Banking app, please contact Macquarie’s Service Sales Centre & Operations team on 133 174.
The app requests the following permissions:
• Push notifications: Receive push notifications for transactions and activity on your account.
• Location services: Find nearby ATMs
We've been working hard at building new features, fixing bugs and improving general speed and reliability.
- When customers have trouble logging in, they can now retrieve their Macquarie ID and reset their password through the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Best of the banks but a few annoyances..
Use most of the banks apps and find this the best. Apple Pay definitely a stand out.
Main annoyance is around the expense categorising. It’s a great feature but issues with implementation : doesn’t seem to recognise internal transfers consistently (would think that would be the easiest to get right) and never seems to remember how I categorise billers/payees. Means I have to spend a lot of time reclassifying. In the mobile app the main summary screen doesn’t then update once I have reclassified so you can’t see the impact of what you have done unless you log off and then login. Fix that and would be five stars.
I have just signed up for an account due to positive reviews and am really happy so far.
The main reason of using your bank is Apple Pay and the apps budgeting, smart search, categorisation of transactions etc..
Also budgeting on joint accounts doesn’t appear to synchronise to the other persons account either on the iOS app or web browser version.
Could this be added in a future update?
Another feature request i would like to see is landscape mode on the iPad app as i have their Smart Keyboard connected most of the time and it’s annoying to have to fold it down or disconnect use in a portrait orientation.
Also I have hear about a few other banks starting to use a “Round Up” feature on their accounts where you can set each transaction to automatically round up to the nearest $1 or $5 into your savings account.
Is this something in the pipeline or something that could be implemented in a future update?
Categorising transactions is a pain
The most feature packed banking app on the market. Tagginf transactions on it is a pain though as clicking on it takes you to the tagging screen but when u go back ready to tag another transaction then it hangs.
Wish there is a way to tag multiple transactions at once.
Even with its issues I still feel it should get a 5 for now given its already miles ahead of other apps.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.