Create floor plans simply with the camera of your mobile device. Scan a room in up to 30 seconds and build up complete floor plans in minutes. A floor plan is your starting point for included features like material & cost estimation, 3D models, and virtual tours.
• Create floor plans with the camera of your mobile device
• magicplan automatically detects and captures windows and doors
• Measure ceiling heights
• Draw floor plans
• Connect a laser distance meter via Bluetooth
• View plans in 2D and create 3D models
• Export plans as PDF, JPG, PNG, SVG, CSV, DXF
• Compatible with Excel, AutoCAD, and Chief Architect
• Furnish your plans with over 1000 objects (furnishing, plumbing, electrical, etc.)
• Create your own customized objects
• Synced Elevation view
• Create virtual tours with 360 panoramas
• Add photos and notes
• Get statistics automatically (distances, surroundings, surface)
• Estimate materials and costs with customized price lists
• Conduct surveys with customized questionnaires
• Backup floor plans or manage your team on the Cloud
magicplan is renowned worldwide:
• Downloaded by over 17 million users
• Best of the year 2012 and 2017
• #1 iPhone Utilities in 76 countries
• #1 iPad Utilities in 104 countries
• Every day the equivalent of a small city is mapped with magicplan
Training session available in English at https://www.magicplan.app/training/
magicplan is free to download and use on your device.
What has to be purchased:
• Some objects are locked.
• Getting PDF + JPG + 3D + Interactive Website + DXF + CVS + PNG + SVG.
• Commercial use.
• Buy: Purchase one floor plan at a time for £2.99.
• Subscription: While your subscription is active enjoy an unlimited usage for £7.99/month. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged £7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Supported laser distance meters:
• HILTI PD-I
• BOSCH GLM 50 C, GLM 50 CX, GLM 100 C, GLM 120 C, PLR 30C, PLR 40C, PLR 50C
• DeWalt DW03201
• Leica Disto D110, D510 (Europe), E7100i, E7500i (North America), D810, D1, D2, X3, X4
• Stabila LD520, LD250 BT
• WDM 8-14
magicplan technology is protected by multiple patents.
* New 3D room scan: scan rooms even faster as magicplan 8 automatically captures windows and doors
* New editor interface: create floor plans at least twice as fast
* New mark up feature: add texts, shapes, or drawings to your pictures with ease
* New help section: browse our new help section for additional information
* Support for Disto X lasers
* Stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Good App that needs adjustments
I have found this app quite useful when designing my very roughly designed “future home”, there is however a few adjustments that REALLY need to be fixed.
- I get rooms covered in black when looking from a birds eye view (not sure why, but it’s annoying)
- when looking in 3D on magicplan it won’t let me move to a specific area i.e. bedroom when zooming in to see what the final touches are made/or needs fixing, it will just zoom into the centre (PLEASE FIX THIS, it makes life a little more easier to know what needs to be fixed, added or removed)
- is there a way to be able to add the ground floor and 1st floor together to see what the end result will look like
- and can there be some way to add external bricks/other exterior walls, roof, guttering, pavement, cement, plants, shop sign, shop furniture etc to see (again) what the house/building will look like
Please take this into consideration as it would help not only myself but others that use the app as well
Developer Response ,
Hi Clairey, thank you for your feedback.
-When you see a black area in the 3D model it means that two rooms overlap, you should place them next to each other in order to see them properly.
-In order to zoom in to a specific area while in 3D you have to use both your hands, keep the screen stable and zoom in, also from the Cloud you can easily move around the 3D with your mouse (use both right and left button to move or zoom in/out.
-You can not display the floors one on top of the other, as magicplan does not create building plans but floor plans.
-you can add exterior objects through the category Outdoors or if you create a land survey based on your existing plan.
I recommend you to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and details that will help you out use the app in the best possible way.
Best floor plan app available!
I don’t often write app reviews, but wanted to highlight just how good this app is! Been using it to build my future dream home and it’s the most versatile and easy to use floor plan app on the market, and better than any PC software I’ve found too. Bought an extra plan just to support the developers on this.
One suggestion, add a preference to turn off audio FX, it keeps pausing my music when I snap in a wall.
Developer Response ,
Thanks you so much for your compliment :)
One of the best design Apps
I’ve been using Magicplan for a year or two. I find it easy to use. As an Australian, I do find it lacks design features that are relevant to my country, but it is a good start for sketching a plan to give to a draughtsman or architect to develop further. I think it’s priced quite reasonably, too. I’m still learning some of its features and hope to get better at using it over time.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for your ongoing support of magicplan!
If you want to learn more about the app's feature we would recommend our free magicplan training :) http://magicplan.app/training
- Sensopia Inc.
- 164.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2018 Sensopia inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Plan (PDF, JPG, DXF, HTML) $4.49
- Standard Subscription $14.99
- 10 Plans (PDF, JPG, DXF, HTML) $38.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.