MathBoard® Addition is the FREE "Addition Only" version of MathBoard.
MathBoard now supports iCloud Syncing, along with a host of other newer technologies, like Text to Speech as well as Speech Input, the Apple Pencil, Slide Over and Split Views and more.
MathBoard Addition is a highly configurable math app appropriate for all school aged children learning addition. MathBoard Addition will allow you to configure the app to best match the abilities of your individual child/student.
More than just standard drills, MathBoard encourages students to actually solve problems, and not just guess at answers. This is done by providing multiple answer styles, as well as a scratchboard area where problems can be worked out by hand. Students can also turn to MathBoard's Problem Solver for further help. This powerful teaching feature walks students through the steps required to solve equations. Additionally, the included quick reference tables serve as a valuable learning tool.
Math Activities. These activities include Find the Sign, Equality/Inequality, and Match Math (a memory game). Each activity is based upon the current settings level, so the difficulty will vary based on the student’s knowledge.
- Number ranges are configurable, including the ability to require certain numbers to be in each problem.
- Number and order of displayed digits can be limited, allowing for equations to conform to certain learning levels (e.g. 2 digit numbers over 1 digit numbers).
- Generates simple equations, as well as single step algebraic equations. (e.g. 6+x=12; x+8=2).
- Intelligent problem and "wrong answer" generation makes guessing more difficult.
- Includes both multiple choice, as well as, fill in the blank style questions.
- Activities and quizzes can be timed, either as a countdown timer or elapsed time.
- Equation configuration settings can be saved for future use as well as shared with others.
- Multiple student profiles are supported. Includes the ability to save, review, and share the results for activities and quizzes with others.
- Problem Solver will outline the steps needed to solve problems.
- In addition to standard drills, activities are included (Find the Sign, Equality/Inequality and Match Math).
- Quick reference math tables for counting and addition.
- iCloud (syncing) support.
- Support for Slide Over and Split View.
- Support for the Apple Pencil.
- Keyboard commands.
Additional bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Close to perfect
I had my daughter try this and she was annoyed by one thing: that you had to re-write the problem onto the chalk board before you could do your own working out. She wanted the problem to appear on the chalk board so she could work out and answer the problem right under it. Then when she figured it out, select the correct answer from the multiple choices to the left of the problem.
I think she may be onto something. I hope they do it. :)
Needs a left handed option
Would like an option to switch the board for left handers please.
*** THEY WANT MORE MONEY $$$$$ ***
I bought the apps but you still need pay more money if you want to remove the Ads on apps.
Apps itself is not cheap nearly $6.00. And he wants more money to remove Ads.
I have never seen Apps like this.
- PalaSoftware Inc.
- 20.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2010-18 palasoftware Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.