Get closer to contemporary art and ideas with the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia app. The MCA App brings together voices from across the museum, including curators, artists, gallery hosts, and young guides.
You’ll get more out of your MCA visit with exhibition and artwork guides in text, video and audio and find out more about the artists and artworks from our permanent collection that are on display.
If you're at the MCA, connect to our free wifi, make sure your bluetooth is on, and access more about the artworks and artists as you enjoy our exhibitions.
If you're planning a visit, browse our current exhibitions and buy your tickets via the app.
• Audio guides by curators, artists and our gallery hosts
• Read, watch and listen to more about the artwork around you in the galleries (enable bluetooth in your phone settings)
• Beat the queue and buy exhibition tickets
Content will be regularly updated with our changing exhibition and event program, so there’s always something new to discover.
About the MCA:
Located at Circular Quay on Sydney Harbour, the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia is dedicated to exhibiting, collecting and interpreting the work of today’s artists. The MCA has a vibrant program of temporary exhibitions as well as a substantial contemporary art collection which includes significant works from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists. The MCA is free to enter, with one paid exhibition per year and some paid programs.
Bug fixes and functionality refinements
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app
I love using this app to check in on what's at the MCA from time to time and it gets me inspired to go - great photos and info. I also like using the audio while I'm enjoying an exhibition. It's awesome.
- Museum of Contemporary Art Limited
- 20.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016 Museum of Contemporary Art Australia
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.